Mmgt 3.0 throttle issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juice555

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I've noticed since i bought the truck that giving full throttle will act like the ignition is cut on a car. the throttle works to about 90% without fail, that last 10% shuts the engine down immediately, no bogging, no on-and-off, just shuts off. If i back off within a few seconds it takes off again. If I wait for 5 or more seconds it stalls and wont come back.

any idea what is causing this? i've looked inside the carburetor and seems the throttle travel is good.is the throttle pushing the throttle arm too far, and thus causing this issue?

Thanks

Make sure the servo isn't over-extending and rotating the barrel too far. Pop the air filter off and check it out on the bench.

Make sure the servo isn't over-extending and rotating the barrel too far. Pop the air filter off and check it out on the bench.

There's some possibility of this, although it looked good when i did the check you suggested a day ago.
Is my symptom possible through the servo over extending the barrel?
Although I don't have any experience, but this doesn't sound like a high speed bog - I'd imagine it to cut out haphazardly, and maybe not just in the last 10% of travel.

thanks