mission wheelie

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hpiracer

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
hey all i just got my rc10 gt factory team running again and i want it to pull wheelies i have a .12 cvr in it. 66/15 gearing any idea's ???:devious: :clap:

no body knows anything about getting a rc10gt to wheelie i think ur full of :spam

tighten the slipper up but you might damage the diff in the long run.

my picco xp .15 will make my tmaxx wheelie on command. my friend has one in his xxxnt and he said it will spin the rear tires like its on ice. try that. if not.......i might be able to take it off ur hands. lol

I have an OS .12cv in my GT. When it was new 6 years ago, I put new tires on it (proline bowties or something like that) and it would pull the front tires up about 3" in the grass. Never tried it on pavement since the tires were new and I didn't want to put undue wear on them.

I was amazed, hopefully when I get the rebuild and porting done it will be able to do it once again.

Just a note, Stadium Trucks by design are not wheelie friendly, not sure if it's intended but very well could be to maintain control. MT's on the other hand with their higher center of gravity and torque, can pull them all day. It has more to do with traction/torque combo and weight distribution than anything, if the wheels spin then you need to try another surface/tires weight distribution set up.

Brian J

Last edited:
ya i got the rc 10 with stock engine and i try to see if it can pop wheelis, which i think it could i just can't find wheels with enough traction to handle it, everytime it just pales out like crazy, it poped up a little bit once but nothing special its just not meant to happen, and much as i hate saying it......:shrug:

My xxx-nt just spins the tires. If I hit a crack in cement or go wide open accross a lawn, the front comes up, but other than that, no wheelies. Just worn tires.

Get some spiked rear tires and it'll wheelie all day long in the grass.
The problem with wheelies and stadium trucks is finding the traction to do it.

The way I do it...bout 1/8 throttle then SQUEEEEEZ!! pulls the front end up all day long. make sure your hump bak is on the tail end.

Hope this helps.

Well, really.. what you need to do .. is get the truck rolling.. run step pins in the rear.. just kinda roll it.. blip it so the front of the truck picks up.. then goes down.. as soon as the truck front shocks start to rebound and come back up.. blip it again.. stay in that rythem.. then full throttle.. wheelies all day.. and i do that with my GT RTR AE .15 motor..

you really have to have a perfect setup to wheelie a st. if the engine is too powerful it'll just spin the tires instead of wheelie. you need to have a strong engine (just not too strong), good street tires if you're running on grass, and a tight slipper clutch for fast power delivery. if that doesn't work, then i'd say you're out of luck

Originally posted by ImBroken
Tie a brick to the back of your truck...

It'll make spark too and make those F&Feffects, lol damn i hat ericer movies but they are the best to joke with

My Gt rtr wheelies and its got the stock ae .15 I've got tamiya springs from a king black foot in the back and ae green springs in the front, I also have ae three piece wheels at all four corners wrapped in proline dirt works and it wheelies like a beast the only problem I have with it is turning since the front 2 wheels are hardly ever on the ground.

Back