mini t rock crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stang

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i was thinging of turning my mini t in to a rock crawler does any one have any ideas on the parts i will need and how to do it thanks for any help i can get

scott

Wow, that's going to be one heck of a project! Especially since it's only 2wd.....

that actually does sound pretty cool but the 2wd would kind of hamper it but hey get a mamba and gear it way down then your 2 wheels will be deadly if they hit anything! :p maybe put some1/10 shocks on it for more shock travel custom shock towers too prolly... would be cool to see keep us posted.

does anyone know what would be a good gearing to make it a crawler

The lower the gearing, the better. So, you would want a small pinion and large spur. Maybe 11/61 to start and adjust from there. You'll also want to lock the diff. The stock gear diff can easily be locked with JB Weld or most plastic epoxy.

- Chris

Why dont you get another back end of the mini and custom mount the 2nd rear end onto the front so that way you would have 4WD.. You need to do a little bit of modding though, shouldnt be too hard.

if you want if the buget is good get a rc18t and add 1/10 oil filled shocks with a 11/61 gear ratio like Gimpy00Wang said and a high torq motor with alot of low end grunt now that would bee sweet since the rc18t has 4weel drive

just my :2cents:

OFNApirateMAN

Back