mini CARNAGE!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lessen

Super Awesome!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Well, as many times as I've run this thing into furniture and walls I finally broke some stuff. (beyond the normal bent turnbuckle). Here's the short list.

- right steering block
- front shock tower
- front body mount posts (yeah, I can't believe it either!)
- the part between the main chassis and the front suspension pivot block. it looks like it once was a part of the front block, but if it wasn't I don't know what it's called
- front bulkhead

I'm thinking about picking up the Evo-X kit from Integy since I can get the whole kit of $100 even. That takes care of most of the stuff except the body posts and bulkhead plus a lot more. It's a pretty good deal I figure.

Does anybody make an alloy bulkhead though? Or do I just replace with stock and invest in one of those bullkhead braces?

*edit*
n/m about the bulkhead brace, I see how those attach and it wouldn't do anything to prevent the bulkhead from breaking the way it did.

Last edited:
May I ask what car it is. I was thinking it is a mini-t or micro rs4

sweet akmadmaxx, thanks. After thinking about the cause of the damage I'm not sure if that bulkhead is necessary in aluminum but it's definately a link I will save. I think as long as the lower portion is upgraded things should be ok from now on. Thanks again!

do you have Ti. turnbuckles?....if so where did you get them?

no I don't. but they didn't even bend in the wreck that broke stuff. I've bent them before but I just bend 'em back by hand. I can't believe they didn't even bend in this wreck. I had it gion down the hallway pretty fast and bam, the left front tire caught the baseboard where the hallway ends. It pushed back so far that the lower arm pulled the pivot block away from the lower chassis, this in turn pulled the bulkhead awar from the chassis. Also, the body didn't wanna budge so as it was holding the shock tower in place the twisting force caused the shock tower to crack... eventually the body posts gave way as the body holes sheared them off at the pins... pretty amazing once you break it all down. I can't believe how long this thing has lasted untill something like this happend. pretty impressive little thing if you ask me. but I got a shitload of hop-ups comin for it from Integy. Today I'll be picking up Universal shafts, bearing kit, cooling motor plate and motor guard, and pinion/spur set. Guess I'll be ordering more... as long as I can get the same deal. I'm just gonna get the whole evo conversion kit from Integy. following the link from akmadmaxx GPM makes some pretty nice lookin stuff, but a front tower, stering knuckles, and lower front chassis would run me $50. I can have practically the whole truck in aluminum from Integy for only $100. Integy doesn't hold the greatest reputation for making strong stuff but they can't be too bad for such small applications. Dollar for dollar it's a better bargain i think. Integy does make some Ti rods I might as well order those too while I'm at it. A lot of companies carry Ti rods for the mini-t. GPM does also (see link above), but I hate those yellow ball ends. I do't even like my yellow wheels. just can't bring myself to pony up for some blingin alloy wheels.

3Racing also make some pretty sweet Mini-T stuff, might want to check them out! They have alot of Carbon fiber and Aluminium parts.

You should check out www.CountryAlloyWorks.com . They have some pretty cool stuff for great prices. It's a Dad and Son operation...real good people....and free shipping inside the US!

wow! that's some pretty impressive work there Gil. Super pimp if you ask me. My mini-t is pretty much gonna be an Integy pimped ride, but that CAW stuff beats it for sure in the looks department. Thanks for the link! Maybe I'll look into them for some misc. stuff sometime.

dude i broke the rear hub career going of a 22 stair and thats it
i still havnt made it yet but i keep video taping it
ill make it monday

Back