Sold / Found mill 4 my savvy!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

weezracen

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just got my first savvy off a friend its mill needs work bad figured I buy new or slightly used like new mill. trucks a savage s25 would like a 25 or grater then.

I really don't know much about BBs but I own a Savage SS and am really happy with the K4.6. It's a monster next to anything I've ever owned and still easier to tune than some.

I have a Dynamite 427, M26ss and a Mach .26 if your interested PM me.:D

I got a S-25 engine with Rotostart backplate, with about a Gallon and a half through it, PM me if anything.

Last edited:
I have a Brand new Go .25 enigne, spin start that would look pretty good in the savy, shoot me a pm with your email and I will send pics, $90 plus shipping.

I'd lean torwards the Mach 427 if the price is right. Excellent engine for a Savage. Just enough power to be super fun without destroying the truck's drivetrain every two gallons. The Go .25 will be hard if not impossible to start with a spin start backplate in a standard length Savage.
You'll need 16T CB and a 49 T spur for the Savage for the Mach 427 or the Mach .26.
The Mach .26 SS is not a good as the other Machs are, but it's not bad. It's more powerful than the Nitrostar .25 for sure. The nitro star .25 will be the best fitting engine listed here, but the least exciting. They are very reliable though.
BTW I have had all these engines except the Go .25 in a Savage, just trying to help you make a wise choice.

I've got a mach .26 with 1 tank of break in through it.

$75 shipped and its yours.
Basically a brand new engine.

The Go .25 will be just fine to start. The spin start is very similar to the losi style starter. (I called it spin start and people are thinking you need a starterbox, but it is similar to the rotostart only it uses a hex wand rather then the dogbone style wand, sorry for the confusion) Power wise it should be as strong or stronger then the mach. Quality is right up there since it uses some of the same parts as their more expensive and powerful Race series engines. Parts are available through a US distributor, price is pretty comparable to the Mach series engines. The Go would make an excellent Savage engine. Come to think of it I have one for sale...:hehe:

Last edited:
Hudler I know what a spin start backplate is, they do not work on Savage models unless they are extended( like the XL or aftermarket chasis's). You have to use a pullstart or roto start. spin start backplates will hit the rear bulkhead and be unaccessable.

The backplate on my engine is thinner or lower profile then a rotostart, it will fit anywhere a rotostart backplate will fit. I shrank these pictures, I hope they are good enough to show you.

Attachments

• 100_1716.jpg
    100_1716.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 97
  • 100_1722.jpg
    100_1722.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
I know it's thinner, I researched the Go engines a long time ago. It will be unaccessable for a stock Savage or stock SavageX.
You have to fish the stock roto unit through the rear shock tower and it just barely gives you access with a roto backplate designed for the Savage. I am not knocking your engine, nor am I trying to block your sale. If I had the cash I'd buy it for my Savage that has an extended LCG chassis. But I don't want to see someone purchase an engine for their truck if I know they will not be able to start it. The spin start backplate input would be completely blocked by the rear bulkhead. I have been hardcore into the Savage ever since the .25 model was released. I know what fits and what does not.
Take a look though my photobucket, it only shows about half what I have done with the Savage trucks.
http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c194/loriscruggs74/?start=all

Why? He's has fs thread already,no need for secrets if you want to sell something.

Oh, I did not know that he already had a 'for sale' thread......SORRY !;)

BTW, THANKS Scrogg !:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.