MIG welder

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefferson69

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey everyone!

I had a question, and was wondering if anyone would mind letting me know, or make suggestions here. I'm in the market for a MIG Welder, for small to medium projects I have on the side. Looking to mostly weld aluminum.

Does anyone know of a company they could suggest with a good model that's pretty cheap? I don't want to go too crazy with the price, but also don't want to give up too much in performance. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Lol give us a $..they're widely ranged in price,..but for aluminum and stainless you want a pretty decent one

go with a miller rig I was a welder for years and they where the most reliable, Lincoln would be my second choice.

Another vote for a Miller! I have been using them at work for a long time and they are great!

Not sure if they still make it but Miller made a welder the used a gun with a small wire spool that welded steel and aluminum, it works great!

I use a miller, works great.

I vote Miller as well, its all I used to use, never had a problem with them. Welding aluminum on the other hand! Never did enjoy those jobs.

I was just looking at one on sale at Northern Hydraulics, or Northern Tool as it's also known. On sale for $129, wire feed. The problem is I need more of a fine torch for brazing. The initial set up for tanks and oxy/acetylene is ridiculous. Anyone know of a small setup? Just the tanks if that's it. There are lots of good choices for jeweler's torches.

Spend the cash get a second hand tig welder

hey everyone, thanks for all your advice. I looked into Miller and some other bigger comanies and I came across Longevity, They seem to have a MIG welder with spoolgun capable for a very good price. I gave them a call to ask a few questions and they offered me a 5 year warranty. I could not pass that up so i went ahead and gave them a shot.

Here's the MIG welder I purchased:
http://www.longevity-inc.com/migweld-140

Doesn't look bad, and has a decent warranty to it.

I know it cost more but have you looked at this one?
http://www.longevity-inc.com/mig-welders/migweldr-200-s

It's the next step up & 220V, I have found with my 110V it works well for 1/8in & under but struggles with heavier material.

You can turn down the 220V unit as needed but can't crank up the 110V when needed.

Last edited: