Microsoft SUCKS!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
I don't have a clue what happened to my 'search' feature on the start button. I purchased a $15 manual for heli setups several months ago and I can't find the download.
When I type heli into the search it shows nothing and only gives me the x to close it out. At the beginning when I type h it shows me 'help' files and anything in the OS beginning with h.
What happened to the side window that said, "Files and folders" or "Pictures" or "Videos" etc?
Typing "Setup" as in "Heli Setups" gives me ONLY MS crap to setup email and that.
"Rotor" turns up nothing. ESC turns up nothing. ANY words dealing with helis are probably numbered in the thousands, but none show up.

Where's my option to find specific words within a text?

Where's my option to find specific words within a text?

Good option.
photo2_zps5d85d950.gif

I know xp had a search bar when you clicked on start. I don't know about win7 or win8. Win8 pisses me off all the time...

Check your recycle bin?

Sent from my Pipboy-3000

My problem is the search feature itself. Where's the little window when you hit search? There was a box where you actually had to CHOOSE if you were looking for text, pictures or whatever, then when you typed h it showed everything starting with h. h,e gave you everything starting with h-e. Hel, the same and you would narrow down the search the more you added. Heli would show every file with the word "heli" in it, including files AND folders with the word helicopter, RC heli, etc.

After buying my first apple product, I am hooked.

My problem is the search feature itself. Where's the little window when you hit search? There was a box where you actually had to CHOOSE if you were looking for text, pictures or whatever, then when you typed h it showed everything starting with h. h,e gave you everything starting with h-e. Hel, the same and you would narrow down the search the more you added. Heli would show every file with the word "heli" in it.

Oh my bad Rolex, I'm not on my computer right now so I'm not of much help.

Sent from my Pipboy-3000

I’ve had the same issue in the past on a windows OS. The search box just disappeared and I never figured it out. Had to do a system restore and it magically re-appeared.
One of the Microsoft/windows quirks you have to put up with from time to time, to time....

I never ran into such stupidity before. I remember XP used to have the little dog wagging while you picked out your search.
I've had Windows 7 in here since I built the computer a year ago. NO WAY is this the first time I've used the search.

The search function is under the start button:

Start->Search

Type in the search term and a new file manager window should appear and then you can modify the search terms in that window.

When i hit Start on my Windows 7 my search is right below the All programs button.

Rolex, as with most MS products they opted to "fix" the search function that was included with Windows 7, even though it was not broken from a user standpoint.

Remember: it's not a bug or a problem, it's a feature. :D

Have you tried using the search feature to search for the search bar?

my linux does good . only one needs to be a linux expert to keep it working right . and my linux expert moved to KC.

my linux does good . only one needs to be a linux expert to keep it working right . and my linux expert moved to KC.

moe, have you tried some of the newer pre-packaged linux distros? Ubuntu is very slick these days, has tons of driver support, and is as easy to maintain as Windows IMHO. It even has automatic updates, just like Windows.

right click on the bottom task bar and go to properties.then click on start menu then go to customize and scroll down till you get to the search options and make sure what you want is checked.good luck.

Some of you still aren't getting it. I KNOW where the search is located when I hit start. The features that allowed you to find a word or part of a phrase in a document is no longer there. Why?

I've also right clicked the start button and gone to properties, search.
I've also searched for search and gotten more useless changes.

hey rolex,do like i told you right click,properties,then start menu,then customize,then go to bottom and click on use default settings and see if it comes back.

ram69!!!!!

YOU are the BEST!!!!!

THAT'S probably the ONLY thing I didn't do in the last week.

I have a working search again and I found my heli manual!!

Thank you VERY much!!!!!

Back