Mgt......????

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hollarR/C

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I thought this was the "Truck of the Year"....???? doesn't look like many own one on here huh???

Couldnt for the life of me understand how they could give a truck like that the title...hmm! Guess someone got tired of Traxxas getting it?:) .

Oh well, post on MGT lovers:
Scott

I have one, and love it.
One of the best trucks I have ever owned.
I bought it when the MGT first came out, and it's the only truck that I've held on to, and didn't want to sell...lol

I have one too.

Won it here on one of the lottery along with a mess of HCR aluminum parts to go with it.

I have only managed to break-it in and now it's a shelf queen like a trophy.

I have one on hold and hope to get it in the next week or so. Can't wait and glad to see the MGT section is still breathing, at least a tiny bit.

Well glad to se there are a few out there...never seen one in person, but have read a lot about them.
If they are such great trucks, then why do'nt more guys own them and talk about them on here?

Scott

I just got a MGT last week and I love it.I am running an OS .30 and it is awesome..

Mark

I still have one that I am actually sellling but not because I don't like it but I need to trim down my collection. I think the MGT is one of the best trucks I have had. No favorite yet but it is one I used to take out often.

BFT BABY!!

For those of you that have them do you see any inherient problems(exp T-Maxx Diff/trans) .

The old ones had a problem early on, but since then they have been great. The new .28 has steel tranny gears. The diffs are 1/8 scale and hold up well to just about any power you can put through them.

Is the MGT starter box compatible?

True dat true dat VB.

I would look into seeing if there is a Spinstart system for ya. Like that way better than the rotostart.

MGT is definately my favorite truck.
I have 2 of them. I bought another one to take some hop-ups off of it. I turned it around to rtr with a lot of stock parts and resold it to a friend.
MGTs rule!!!
My roommate also has one.

Check them out!!

Workbench%20Area%20and%20Shelves%207-28-05%20(4).JPG

WorkBench%201-17-06.jpg

I love mine. Had some tuning issues due to the local shop recommended the wrong plugs, but got the MC-59 in there now and everything is good as gold. I would'nt hestitate to get another one either.

Ihave had two , still have one.... but anyways, the weakes point pf the MGT are the shocks IMO. I tried the Power stroke set up and it was way better. The stockers well for track use if there are no high landings. The shock caps blem on mine first time taking a tall ramp and peaking at close to 12 feet. I would think they would rid the "fake" Piggyback look on the 28 versions but they are still there. I tried the 4 even 8 buggy shock set up. All Unlimited engineering shocks and they really helped out. Not sure if you want to spend that dough but it is a better set up.

The Wrenching was much easier. Reminded me of me of my Maxx only bigger. Another big plus is that the MGT has sealed diffs. Tuneability for RC enthusiasts! Oh yes, the dual pick up tank is nice.