MGT vs Savage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walleye

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I really like both trucks. I don't have the $$$ together yet but soon. I know there's alot of love for the Savy here & the MGT gets little. Coming from an AE product I know how well made they used to be. Did anyone do a comparsion or a Battle? Thanks

FYI, I have both now and they have their ups and IMO the MGT is easier to work on than the Savage ( not the X ). Both are great contenders and durable. Big downer on the MGT are the shocks. savage downer for me is the accessibilty. Its a Pain to get to the radiobox, and the TVP thing is just a tight squeeze. Both are strong bashers. I don't race, just chase the cars and stray cats and dogs...:hehe:

As a basher, I suggest the Savage. I've heard some good things about the MGT, like its handling is better than the savage, but I have also heard its weaker. I own a box stock Savage X, I have not broke a part yet, but the stock brakes blow, I think its due to the weak servo. Other than that its been perfect to me.

All of the accessability problems have been fixed on the X btw, I have not opened the radio box since I bought it.

Back