Mashers or Moabs?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatblack

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok, I've got my rims ordered, now I'm trying to decide between the Pro-line Mashers or the Moabs. Anyone have experience with either of these as a basher tire? Or any other 40 series tire suggestions?

I have the moabs but I kept stripping my pinion and ring gears out in the rear end, I only had stock in and I also twisted my rear driveshaft off so I put a set of mip drive shafts and just put my stock tires back on hope this helps

I have the moabs but I kept stripping my pinion and ring gears out in the rear end, I only had stock in and I also twisted my rear driveshaft off so I put a set of mip drive shafts and just put my stock tires back on hope this helps

Adjusting your slipper clutch right will eliminate all these problems. I have 2.2 mashers on my Rusty and love 'em. They would look bad to the bone on a Maxx.

Well, I just pulled the trigger on the mashers. I figure they're similar to the stock chevron pattern with a better sidewall and grooved. Hopefully it'll all be here by the weekend just in time for some bashing! It's gonna be a hot setup, I think!

I'll get pics up as soon as she's back together.

Well, I just pulled the trigger on the mashers. I figure they're similar to the stock chevron pattern with a better sidewall and grooved. Hopefully it'll all be here by the weekend just in time for some bashing! It's gonna be a hot setup, I think!

I'll get pics up as soon as she's back together.

Cool. They're softer then the stockers, but don't seem too soft. Mine aren't wearing super fast, and they hook up really well. Even on pavement. I think I may follow your lead with my T Maxx. Let us know how you like them.

I had the mashers and they ripped on about any surface and held up really well on the asphalt.

This is all good news! I was a little concerned they'd be too soft and wear quickly. I've had mixed luck with Pro-Line. Thought I'd take a gamble. I'm not a fan of the look of the Big Joe's. Too wide and flat. Not looking for a steam roller!

Another quick question, will the newer hurricane and chevron tires for the tmaxx 3.3 fit the 40 series rims?

I had the non-40's mashers quite a few years ago. They were more pliable than stock chevrons and lasted about as long as far as wear was concerned.

I think the moabs may not give you very good traction. I had them on a buggy and that tread pattern just didn't hook up very well at all. Was kind of cool to see it cut through the lawn with all 4 tires spinning though...

Back