Man I got issues, but what is new.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your gonna buy it them put your spec v back to stock before you trade it in or sell it. I've learned that you get more for a car if it has never been modified. Plus you can sell what parts you can't use to help make some of your money back. When I wrecked my Neon I made almost 6k from all the parts I sold off of it.

Just a word of advice ... get it before you get married. IF you are serious about getting it, PM me and I will explain why you should get it before marriage.

AC48 said:
Yea, it had 400 HP out of 2.0L...pretty amazing. Although I think they called it a Evo 8 didn't they? The STi's competitor Evo, which ever that is, isn't the one that can take a Lambo I don't think...The one in the movie was decked out.

400hp is a lot out of a 2.0L, but I mean, 1.8L honda engines can put out over 1000hp, well the drag ones anyways...but there's ones that are street legal making over 500whp.

A modded STi could take a lamborghini just as easily, it just takes money.

Also, not sure what video you were talking about, but the top gear one with the FQ400 (i think that's the name) is a factory warrantied car...that's the most impressive thing.

kwong2001 said:
400hp is a lot out of a 2.0L, but I mean, 1.8L honda engines can put out over 1000hp, well the drag ones anyways...but there's ones that are street legal making over 500whp.

Also, not sure what video you were talking about, but the top gear one with the FQ400 (i think that's the name) is a factory warrantied car...that's the most impressive thing.

500hp outta a honda 1.8L show me and ill beleve but hondas are jokes,i can't beleve that for one min that a honda has 500+hp outta a 1.8L let alone a 1,000+ outta a race,sounds a little odd to me.

Still hard to beleve,hondas still sucks balls though.

Sorry, there's proof right there. If a guy can make 800whp street car, it's more than plausible to make over 1000hp drag car.

Also, I believe they pro FWD 4 cylinders are seeing 8 second quarters.

Last edited:
kwong2001 said:

Yea, they can get a lot of power out of a 1.8 those are not street leagal. I'm only comparing it to other street leagals cars. Yea I watched the Top Gear one, I thought they called it some sort of Evo, but you're probably right. Either way we are saying the same thing lol. I'd love to have a 4 Door Subaru or Mitsu that could take a Lambo...

Just a word of advice ... get it before you get married. IF you are serious about getting it, PM me and I will explain why you should get it before marriage.

S**t, forget waiting for a PM, I'll tell you the dirty secret of marraige...you might as well slam your Mr. Happy in a drawer. You lose all control over decisions involving fun once you get married.

(j/k)!

AC48 said:
Yea, they can get a lot of power out of a 1.8 those are not street leagal. I'm only comparing it to other street leagals cars. Yea I watched the Top Gear one, I thought they called it some sort of Evo, but you're probably right. Either way we are saying the same thing lol. I'd love to have a 4 Door Subaru or Mitsu that could take a Lambo...

Well, that 400bhp Evo wouldn't be able to pass emissions (that's why it's in europe) just like any high horsepower honda. Even in general, anything making high horsepower above factory isn't gonna pass emissions.

kwong2001 said:
Well, that 400bhp Evo wouldn't be able to pass emissions (that's why it's in europe) just like any high horsepower honda. Even in general, anything making high horsepower above factory isn't gonna pass emissions.
Yea you are right, I'm still impressed with its ability to out race a Lambo, emminsions or not, a 4 cyl 4-Door taking an Italian V-12 Lambo is impressive.

Well guys, I am buying it. I have to take my car back to stock this weekend and sell a few parts and I have the money to get the STi. Should be in one next time this week if all goes well. Stay tuned, maybe pics soon!

Good luck Blazer. Hope you get it!

I am not into these ricers at all, but I think I am in the minority. That rear wing looks like a clothes drying rack. IMO the wing looks ridiculous, especially on a street car.

I do like imports, but don't have any. Just like that V8 rumble! When the big wings first became popular, and you would see them on every dumb ass car out there we always used to call them grocery cart handles.

Back