Luke's MM (mid motor) traxxas slash 2wd build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll let you know. It is a production issue, as there are 4 equally prepared HPE Rustlers out there, 2 owned by me, and I do like to keep things fair. Of course there is that one kid says he is going to teach us all a lesson next racing season, bringing a bone stock X Ray to the party, trying to buy the Heisenburg Cup.

I'll let you know. It is a production issue, as there are 4 equally prepared HPE Rustlers out there, 2 owned by me, and I do like to keep things fair. Of course there is that one kid says he is going to teach us all a lesson next racing season, bringing a bone stock X Ray to the party, trying to buy the Heisenburg Cup.
Okay.

I’m gonna get a running vid here in a little bit
It has the destroyed slash body on it. I cut all of the broken parts off. First, I have to run to the lhs to get a new driveshaft. Broke it this morning running those big tires that I posted earlier.

First, I have to run to the lhs to get a new driveshaft. Broke it this morning running those big tires that I posted earlier.
And thats the life of owning a traxxas. Same here. But for me its more like order it from AMain, watch my account balance go up more and more, and wait 5 days to get it. 🤣

Just joined eh? If you just started out with a slash I’d just get the traxxas LCG kit. The MM conversion requires a lot of custom fabrication. So unless you’re willing to pretty much rebuild your entire car, I’d recommend going with the Traxxas LCG kit.

Just joined eh? If you just started out with a slash I’d just get the traxxas LCG kit. The MM conversion requires a lot of custom fabrication. So unless you’re willing to pretty much rebuild your entire car, I’d recommend going with the Traxxas LCG kit.
Or nitro slash chassis like I plan to do 🤷‍♂️
Seems like it is more straight forward then making your own custom chassis, or modding the stock plastic chassis (LCG)

Or nitro slash chassis like I plan to do 🤷‍♂️
Seems like it is more straight forward then making your own custom chassis, or modding the stock plastic chassis (LCG)
Or I can cut one out and send it

Build looks awesome I just joined the hobby with a slash and was hoping to get your chassis plans for aluminum
Thanks lol. Still a work in progress though. Bent the back part of the chassis so I am gonna design a chassis stiffener or a new top plate.

Build looks awesome I just joined the hobby with a slash and was hoping to get your chassis plans for aluminum
I will soon release the plans. Just gotta get it dialed

Yeah. I’m working on the chassis brace for the rusty. Coming up with ideas. Sadly the nitro rustler chassis is as strong as a piece of wet paper. So a good chassis brace is in order

ran out of file space lol. Going to continue in another post.
In this screenshot, it is extruded and is just the bottom chassis but longer and the front of it is slightly narrower. I need to make it even more narrow because currently it will not fit in between the front shock towers. The 200 mm dimension is just showing how long the top chassis plate will be.View attachment 174924
In this screenshot, it shows that the unnecessary parts of the plate are removed.View attachment 174925 In this screenshot, it shows the hole placement that lines up with the bottom chassis hole placement that connects the two together with a 30mm M4 spacer.View attachment 174926
This photo shows that I need to move the front mounting holes back a couple of mm because the holes do not line up at all with the front bulkhead screw holes.View attachment 174928
This photo shows where the hole placement for the bell cranks are. I also need to move these back a couple of mm because where they are now makes the bell cranks rub against the front bulkhead.View attachment 174929
Thats all I have for now. If you have any questions or want the files, ask me and I will happily give you access to them :). They are almost done and I will also be designing a 3D printed battery mount for it and I will also release those files as well. Thanks for looking in!

i understood very little of this. but it sent me down a rabbit hole of learning a little more about rc cars. yall are freaking genius sorcerers i swear yall are just making stuff up.. then making it a reality. That is sorcery to a dumb like myself

i understood very little of this. but it sent me down a rabbit hole of learning a little more about rc cars. yall are freaking genius sorcerers i swear yall are just making stuff up.. then making it a reality. That is sorcery to a dumb like myself
Oh, and I am also 14 years old lol.

Back