LST CB other than 8man or TiNi (includes ratio chart)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well, I sent 8man an email a week or so ago with no response and I want to avoid spending $70 on the TiNi spur set losi offers just to get the speed I'd get with a +2 CB for my aftershock.

I punched in a chart of all available gearings from Losi that I could find at horizon and it appears that 8mans +2 is a hair slower than the Losi TiNi high speed gear set. Which I think would suffice for what I want. Just a bit more top end and a bit more torque off the low end.

Anyone have any thoughts as to where I could look for an 1/8 scale pitch 27/20 CB?

I'm tired of wheelies all the time and hitting top speed in 30 feet.

By the way, here's the chart:
LSTGearingChoices.jpg

maybe look into two speed clutch bells for smaller trucks and cars.... I'm sure something will fit, but the metal will not be nearly as strong as the tini gears.... maybe look at clutch bells for 1/8 scale on road cars.... or maybe stuff from ofna

Yeah... I looked and looked. I can't find anything that is larger than what I have. At least as far as tooth count/gear pitch is concerned.

I had one recommendation from another site that makes similar parts to 8mans, but I think they are not "local", but I'm not sure.

http://www.rc-monster.com/proddetail.php?prod=rcm2speed2nd

I sent them an email to see about shipping costs/time and whatnot. That's the only place I've found other than 8man.

If 8man would reply to an email, I'd probably just buy his. I just don't like the thought of sending money without some sort of communication about it first or a site you can actually "order" from.

Regardless, I think I'll go with a +3 when I get around to it. Considering the smaller tires and after doing the math on the percentage difference. Especially after running my AS this weekend. That LRP could pull a +3 with what I have on it.

EDIT:
Well, rc-monster is in NY, so I'll be more than likely ordering from them. I just sent off another email to ask if the pinions they carry fit the standard LST1 bell. If so, order will be going in as soon as I get a reply. Too bad they don't carry the bell too...

Last edited:
Back