Low Speed and Midrange Needle Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash-R.C

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well my Savage ran great for the first 4 tanks and then I started playing with needles and messed the Low Speed and Mid-Range needles. Now I can't get them to line up cause when I move one it moves the onther.

Any suggestions Savage Experts?

Steve

set them back to factory settings...

You may not like the answer, but...

"What he said."

I've been trying to do that, but when ever I try and move the LS it is locked with the Mid-Range. I'll keep trying to look around.

Steve

The LS and the MS needles are on opposite ends of the carb and two distinctly different needles. Elaborate how they can be moving together? Are you sure that you are adjusting the correct needles?

Well I read somewhere that they can lock together, when you move one (for instance the LS needle it moves the MR) I found an article on how to fix it. So I think the Savage will run great now.

Steve

Flash-R.C I had that happen to my 21bb. Open the throttle then reset the midrange needle back to factory settings. I had to use some red locktight to stop the midrange needle from moving again. The low and mid range will lock together if you go to set the mid-range needle back to factory. It will happen when you turn the midrange needle to fully closed and the throttle is not opened. Cause the low speed needle is tapered the midrange needle will then wedge on to the low speed needle. This is not all that uncommon.