Lost in an AX24 build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lostinthewoods86

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
Starting on our mini course motivated me to get to the crawler builds. AX24 is up first. Will update with pics later

Body was delivered today.

On order

Rc4wd motor/trans combo
Rc4wd shocks
Rc4wd body mounts
Hobby park steering links
Treal brass diff covers
Treal high clearance links
Rampcrab brass skid plate
Meus wheels
Injora stainless driveshafts
Injora servos and mounts
Injora swamp stomper tires

Believe that’s it for now.

Starting on our mini course motivated me to get to the crawler builds. AX24 is up first. Will update with pics later

Body was delivered today.

On order

Rc4wd motor/trans combo
Rc4wd shocks
Rc4wd body mounts
Hobby park steering links
Treal brass diff covers
Treal high clearance links
Rampcrab brass skid plate
Meus wheels
Injora stainless driveshafts
Injora servos and mounts
Injora swamp stomper tires

Believe that’s it for now.
Can’t wait to see it on the corse!!!

I wouldn't be lost in a AX24 build, I would have lost all the parts during the build!! I can barely see the tiny parts, and when they're in my fingers I can't feel them?! Best of Luck my Friend!
I feel the same with my Mini B (1/16th scale). But since I worked on it so much now, it got more easier. But at the old local track and they were racing Mini Zs, I don't understand how they can work on them as they are smaller than one of these axial trucks! (Well, by a little bit. Mini Z is 1/28th scale)

Just a before pic

FEFCEF0A-6E52-4AF7-8F3B-012E0513D788.jpeg

And where it’s going

A23C6BE9-D22B-4C9E-90E5-3F72132D3564.jpeg

Yes sir

I want to cut the fender flares off for sure
Once you get any mods you have planned for it done, what I do is compress the suspension and grind where she rubs. Make sure you turn the front wheels both directions fully to check clearance. Usually the front requires a lot more trimming. Hopefully it doesn't get into the headlights. Of course, proper tire selection can solve a bit of that. Check out www.rc4wd.com for some good 1.0 tire and wheel selections.

Once you get any mods you have planned for it done, what I do is compress the suspension and grind where she rubs. Make sure you turn the front wheels both directions fully to check clearance. Usually the front requires a lot more trimming. Hopefully it doesn't get into the headlights. Of course, proper tire selection can solve a bit of that. Check out www.rc4wd.com for some good 1.0 tire and wheel selections.

I got a set from Meus coming, and also a set of treals coming for the bronco build. Also just added 5mm spacers to the ordered list.

I got a set from Meus coming, and also a set of treals coming for the bronco build. Also just added 5mm spacers to the ordered list.
The +5mm spacers will be nice. If you haven't bought a better servo for them, I would suggest the Ecopower 827. It is backordered on Amain right now, but Small Addictions has one. They are also on ebay. You need this servo mount for them.
https://www.smalladdictionsrc.com/hot-racing-aluminum-emax-steering-servo-mount-scx-24/

Servo
https://www.smalladdictionsrc.com/ecopower-827-12g-digital-metal-gear-micro-servo-high-voltage/

The Ecopower is the best fit, and best power and speed of all the cheaper servos for these little trucks.

The +5mm spacers will be nice. If you haven't bought a better servo for them, I would suggest the Ecopower 827. It is backordered on Amain right now, but Small Addictions has one. They are also on ebay. You need this servo mount for them.
https://www.smalladdictionsrc.com/hot-racing-aluminum-emax-steering-servo-mount-scx-24/

Servo
https://www.smalladdictionsrc.com/ecopower-827-12g-digital-metal-gear-micro-servo-high-voltage/

The Ecopower is the best fit, and best power and speed of all the cheaper servos for these little trucks.

Well I have some coming, not sure if they are better 😂

Couple Injora ones coming and a couple ramp crab ones

Servo

The Emax servos get a lot of praise as well. Have one in my trx4m tarantula build. No issues. I wanted to try the Ecopower when I ordered my scx24 from Amain but, like you said, back ordered. Just grabbed another Emax from Injora. Along with the mount. Doing great.

The Emax servos get a lot of praise as well. Have one in my trx4m tarantula build. No issues. I wanted to try the Ecopower when I ordered my scx24 from Amain but, like you said, back ordered. Just grabbed another Emax from Injora. Along with the mount. Doing great.
The Ramp Crab servo looks pretty interesting. But I wonder whose servo that actually is. They aren't making it. It's either an Emax, Ecopower, or Powerhobby I am guessing. I do like their adjustable servo mount design though.
Speed:
@4.8V: 0.15 Sec/60°
@6.0V: 0.12 Sec/60°
Torque:
@4.8V: 30.5 oz/in
@6.0V: 36.1 oz/in

Those specs, minus the 8.4v capability look a lot like Ecopower specs to me. I wonder if that's what's inside the case.

The Powerhobby 13mg servo is a direct drop in (requires no special mount). Specs below (check out the speed).
Speed:
@4.8v: 0.085 Sec/60°
@6.0v: 0.075 Sec/60°
Torque:
@4.8v: 12.5 oz-in
@6.0v: 13.9 oz-in

The Emax - no idea how this Chinese drone company got so well known in the SCX24 scene. But they are decent servos from what people say. They are just wider, and interfere with the frame rails from what I have seen. Specs below.
Speed:
@4.8V: 0.12 Sec/60°
@6.0V: 0.10 Sec/60°
Torque:
@4.8V: 21 oz/in
@6.0V: 25.2 oz/in

The Ecopower 827 is smaller, and only requires a very minimal trimming at the top of the ears. Plus it is the strongest cheap servo out there. This is my favorite becsuse it can run at 8.4v. Here are the specs:
Speed:
@6.0V: 0.12 sec/60
@8.4V: 0.10 sec/60
Torque:
@6.0V: 29.1oz-in (2.1kg-cm)
@8.4V: 37.5oz-in (2.7kg-cm)

The Ramp Crabs are awesome. For the average joe, it's overkill and a waste of money. Almost anything is better than an scx24/ax24 servo. Same thing. Trim the ears of the Emax. No interference on the trx4m. Slight interference on the scx24. Cost and performance wise, I can live with it. Love this guy.

Back