Looking for a new Truck Truggie for Offroad Track Racing

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justagamer76

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Hello again everyone. I'm in the market for a new truck/tuggie. My poor lil MT2 just can't hang anymore on the track. Still runs well for a back yard beater now but I'm am in the market for something mmore high perfomance. I may consider doing the 1/8th scale thing but some of the prices are misleading. I do see alot of lower brands but my main concern as always is the avalability of parts OEM and aftermarket, along with the fact of how long I can get them after I own the vehicle for a while. I have had my MT2 for a few years but seems that my local shop doesn't carry a big selection of parts any more so if it breaks in usually hitting up the bay or some online source which requires wait time. My hobby shop is mostly Traxxas and swears buy them but I have seen alot of bad things from my neighbors who seems to be down more then usual. So with that being said maybe some of you pros can hit me up with some good suggestions. Thanks again for your time.

i picked up a ofna jammin about 3 months ago and i love it. I've bashed and raced mine and havent had a problem yet. no broken parts and it starts up everytime.

VERY few hobby shops cater to racers. Traxxas, HPI, Duratrax sometimes Losi and Associated are the norms. If you want to race get a Losi 8T2.0, great trucks. The RTR package is high but you get everything you need for 799. Get used to shopping online if you want to race.
I also own a Jammin truggy, and would recommmend them. Just be sure to get the X2 version.

Thanks to all the response. I am still having trouble deciding. I like the Losi but that price is out of my league right now. The Jammin is also nice. I may have to stick with the 1/10 scale for a bit longer so if anyone has any suggestions for that size class let me know..Thanks again for all the help.

Beautiful ride and a good deal.

Thansk Orion and thats a killer deal for all those items. Someone will be very happy to own it. As for me I found what I'm looking for but unfortunatly money is tighter then an old man in the Dollar store. Luckily they are trying to hold on to it for me a bit till I can get up the rest of the cash.

Back