Lipo thread

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been running the Turnigy 5000 2s 30c in most of my cars and trucks for a long time now and no problems at all. I do however, run the Thunder Power 5000 40c in my drag cars. Much more power for that dump it all right now. :thumbup1:

I've been running the Turnigy 5000 2s 30c in most of my cars and trucks for a long time now and no problems at all. I do however, run the Thunder Power 5000 40c in my drag cars. Much more power for that dump it all right now. :thumbup1:

My 22.00 batteries are still going...I love the Turnigy batteries..I also run the 5000packs, and I also have 1 5200 pack..:thumbup1:

Why are you guys buying cheap lipos .....that like say i like being 3rd place or 4th....if your racing you want the best ....if your bashing run 7 cell NMH batterys....i like winning so i run the best..45C team orion ..50cthunderpower.....

Why are you guys buying cheap lipos .....that like say i like being 3rd place or 4th....if your racing you want the best ....if your bashing run 7 cell NMH batterys....i like winning so i run the best..45C team orion ..50cthunderpower.....

Actually, I do just fine with them in most all my cars and trucks. I've taken a few wins in off road, and on road. I have had only one that went bad and that was because my gearing was way to high in the pro mod and smoked the whole system. Not everyone can afford those big buck batteries, so use what they can get.

Actually, I do just fine with them in most all my cars and trucks. I've taken a few wins in off road, and on road. I have had only one that went bad and that was because my gearing was way to high in the pro mod and smoked the whole system. Not everyone can afford those big buck batteries, so use what they can get.

well i can understand .....that ok for you...iam trying warn ever one else so they dont make the same mistake's as i did.....if your a basher yea it dosent matter.....good basher lipo battery is Max Amp.........I've had the same one for 3 years no problems.....and i bout it used...4 bashing ...but for 4 winning races dont go cheap..:eek:

well i can understand .....that ok for you...iam trying warn ever one else so they dont make the same mistake's as i did.....if your a basher yea it dosent matter.....good basher lipo battery is Max Amp.........I've had the same one for 3 years no problems.....and i bout it used...4 bashing ...but for 4 winning races dont go cheap..:eek:

I am not a basher, and they do just fine in certain cars & trucks that I have and even my original Losi Jr that I bought and raced since 1984.(with some updates & now retired) Let's just say it is a persons option to choose what they want to use. Stop and think that maybe that is all they can afford too. None of us have the right to tell other people what to do or down grade them for their choices. With over 75 vehicles and planes in my arsenal, and many wins, they do fine other then my drag cars where I use Thunder Powers.

hey grumpy...i never said you where a basher....that cool that you been running before any one else .....i was was just try to give my opinion....:rolleyes:

$40! Where did you buy that from?

My bad, $41.99 :p

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp?idproduct=10286

I've just got some more lipos from there, 2 5000mah 3s packs, and a 5000mah 4s pack! :D

DSCF1026.gif

I have a mate that has 2 maxamps lipos, and both have swelled, he has since gone to turnigy lipos, and no problems as of yet :)

Also, if we do short/break/set fire to our lipos, it's not as mush of a loss than a $100+ lipo.... :|

i just got a couple of these 5.0 Turnigy 2S packs, got them for my DX450. wow these are pretty good lipos.

and i got them quite cheap too. just over 50.00 shipped to me door.

The turnegy 3000 mah 35c 3s is a good one and only 13 bucks from hobbyking.com I bought 4 and they have worked great feeding my mamba monster 2200kv in my monster truck just figures I'd put that in there:)

Back