lipo bag

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jk6672

RCTalk Talkaholic
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I picked up two Reedy 4S 5500 60C, but I've neglected to get a lipo bag. Is a lipo bag a lipo bag? Does is matter which bags I get? Do I need to order two large bags to fit those Reedy lipos?

A Lipo bag is just a way to contain a fire if it should happen due to charging issues, If you had a simialiar fireproof container that would work. I personally am just careful and watch my Lipos while they are charging to make sure nothing happens. I do usually charge them in a safe non-flammable place though, Have never used a Lipo bag call me crazy:)

I keep lipo bags close by as well as an ammo case, incase my lipos start puffing. If they start puffing I pull them off the charger stick them in a lipo bag and then inside the amoo case. then I can carry the ammo case outside and leave it for awhile until I figure out if its going to do anything else. Once I'm satisfied that it isnt going to catch fire I get the lipo, cut the connector off and soak the lipo in slat water for 3-5 days. Then its safe to throw them away.

The lipo bags I've seen have all been abotu the same thing so I dont think it matter which one you have. The big lipo bags will hold 2 or 3 lipos at once the smaller ones will hold one lipo easy and maybe 2 if you stuffed em in there.