Latest build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

This showed up on my doorstep last night! It is my fathers day gift from my kids for Fathers Day. I have wanted this buggy for a while now and my wife asked if it was ok to get me for fathers day. I told her she didn't need to get me a gift especially as expensive as this was, but she insisted. I can't wait to get the build started!

20120612_194725.jpg

Cool, its good that she supports your habit,:D have fun with the build!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Cool, its good that she supports your habit,:D have fun with the build!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

It is very cool. It hasn't always been that way. I don't think she views RC anymore as "toys" and I have been helping her with her dream of owning a vineyard. I think this is payback for all the help I have been giving her.

Some more goodies just arrived today!!!

2012-06-13_16-32-19_545.jpg

Well? Take it out of the box!

That is the plan tonight after dinner. I would have opened the box.....but it is all just a bunch of bags with letters! Lol Soon to be a really nice buggy!

Got it all out of the box.... let the fun begin! Except for the turn buckles ....I hate builing turnbuckles!

2012-06-13_17-53-29_487.jpg

Last edited:
nice, what kv is your tekin motor?

That's fantastic! I love the look of them, congrats Tom!!

Thanks man! I started working on it a little tonight. I got the steering rack and mud shields on. I am really surprised at how light the chassis is on this thing. The finish on it is really nice too.

Alright... worked a bit on it tonight. I got the steering rack and front brace installed.... All three diff gears built and filled with fluid.... I got the front shock tower on and the front bulkhead built. I found out getting those dang boots over the dogbone is not very easy.. in fact I broke it trying to get it over the dog bone. I had to order it from Amain which means I won't have it unitl Thursday. Until then, I will get what I can get done, done. Here are a few pics.

2012-06-15_21-58-53_937-1.jpg

2012-06-15_21-59-12_469.jpg

Fantastic, I almost got that kit instead of my EXO, but grats man and will be watching this one go :D

Fantastic, I almost got that kit instead of my EXO, but grats man and will be watching this one go :D

Thanks bro! I broke the cv boot trying to get it over the dog bone.....had to order another.... I should be able to work around it though.

Chain the kids to a beam in the garage and enjoy the build. :hehe:

The cool thing is that time to work on it was part of the gift!

Nice build! Keep it up and more like this!

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

Love it! Congrats on the fathers day gift.

You alway rip or bust something that doesn't have a spare to lol.

You alway rip or bust something that doesn't have a spare to lol.

Right!!! That boot is tight... I guess when the new one shows up I will grease her up and give it another try.

Thanks guys I will post some more pics later!

Back