Land Rover scale lid

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
to bad its 1/10, the 1/8th lids fit so perfect on axial axles......does look really good though.

Shoot, I missed the fact that it was 1/10. I was thinking of the New Bright bodies.

It should work out good for anyone building a custom chassis and using the T-rex diffs.

oh yeah it would definatly work for sure.....i really wish new bright or someone would produce more 1/8th hardbodies though...all new bright has out now, other than cars, are the two jks (red/black red/silver) a hummer (i think), and the f150....

There are a few chassis out there for 1.9" scalers that's probably fit the bill, or adapt to fit it.

My biggest issue with using Range Rover and Discovery (LR3) hard-boadies is it's not realistic to build a beam axle crawler under one, the Range Rovers and LR3 all use long-travel indy suspension with CV shafts. Scalers are supposed to look realistic and beam axles Range Rovers and LR3s just ... don't. That said, my Freelander (also indy suspension) will be beam axled unless I find a viable alternative so I can't talk ;)

Well, my Jeep 4 door hard body is now on a UPS truck. It will be here Monday.
New bright doesn't make the new VW bug any more? That would make a good looking lid for a crawler or scaler.

yeah they still make the bug, i said BESIDES cars lol, a bug to me is just a car......i want them to make new chevy/gmc bodies or dodges just for some variety.

I just checked out the New Bright site. The Bug is currently not in production. I don't see the PT Cruiser even listed.
They have added the GIANT pickup by International in 1/6 scale.

1/6th lol is so big....be cool though for a "street" truck, put it on some axial axles so the tires are completely tucked lol....

Here's the International CXT. Might work with an Axial. If you've ever seen the 1:1 version, it's almost the size of a 10 wheel road tractor.

php1DE3.jpg

http://www.newbright.com/nb-consumer/product/index.php?page=10&type=rc16&buy=&action=detail

i like the international almost as is over the jk's and f150's, atleast it looks scale all around, the jk's have a very nice body but everything else throws the look way off.

Agreed, the body is a beauty, but EVERYTHING underneath needs to be replaced. Great interior too.
When it gets here, I'll be making a decision on weather to tear apart the Axial just for the parts, since their setup won't work when I keep the interior.
It's CHASSIS time.
I'm really looking forward to another build project since it's now too cold to take my Savage outside. :hehe:

Agreed, the body is a beauty, but EVERYTHING underneath needs to be replaced. Great interior too.
When it gets here, I'll be making a decision on weather to tear apart the Axial just for the parts, since their setup won't work when I keep the interior.
It's CHASSIS time.
I'm really looking forward to another build project since it's now too cold to take my Savage outside. :hehe:

Outside? The Savvy actually gets to breath dirty, unfiltered air? And why build another rig? The Savvy getting lonely?

In all seriousness: Please start a build thread when you get that one started. I really enjoy your work!

In all seriousness: Please start a build thread when you get that one started. I really enjoy your work!

Thank you very much. I already have all the stock I need to make a custom chassis. Not a tuber, but rectangular solid brass and hollow stock. I also have alloy short shocks in case I go for the scaler instead of the crawler. We'll see how it goes once I get started.
I always take a lot of pics of my projects, so I'll post them up as I go.

Actually, it's the Ugly Truckling that was getting the brass chassis and short shocks. When I have them both here, I'll see who gets what.
I don't see the end to the truckling till it has a worn out interior and is still able to move on it's own. It just HAS to be radio controlled. I can't see it just being a lid on wheels.

Nor can I. That thing is just too cool! Did you ever send pics of the Truckling to Scale Auto Magazine? Those guys would flip over it. Guaranteed to win the yearly contest!

Well, same thing. I don't want to send any pics till it's officially a runner.
I've put a few things on the back burner lately, and I still have 2 lids to finish for other people, but it's my first priority after that.

if u were to buy a chassis rather than build one rolex i eally like how well my x trail worked. perfect fit imo.

Well, same thing. I don't want to send any pics till it's officially a runner.
I've put a few things on the back burner lately, and I still have 2 lids to finish for other people, but it's my first priority after that.

Looking forward to seeing it done. My company has a terminal in Knoxville and my aunt works at a truck stop down the street from it. Maybe I can weasel my way into a first hand look-see one day... I promise I won't get fingerprints on the Savvy! :p:

Back