Kyosho ST-R

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speed

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
:banana: :banana: :banana:

KSt-r.jpg

KSt-r1.jpg

KSt-r2.jpg

KSt-r3.jpg

KSt-r4.jpg

KSt-r5.jpg

KSt-r6.jpg

KSt-r7.jpg

KSt-r8.jpg

KSt-r9.jpg

KSt-r1A.jpg

KSt-r2A.jpg

KSt-r3A.jpg

KSt-r4A.jpg

KSt-r5A.jpg

Looks real good man!
Looks like it will live up to the hype. Good luck with it, and be sure to let us know how it rides.
Thanks for the pics.

Looks great, I see Kyosho finally came through with hex screws on their kits. Nice!

I like the rear chasis brace looks better then the usual kyosho ones

Is this the 777 based one or the 7.5 based truggy?
Looks nice....the towers look like the nice CnC stuff from the SP kits.....

Plaidfish said:
Is this the 777 based one or the 7.5 based truggy?
Looks nice....the towers look like the nice CnC stuff from the SP kits.....

777 based:banana:

A few more photos for you guys. :D
kyosho1.jpg

kyosho.jpg

kyosho2.jpg

kyosho3.jpg

kyosho4.jpg

kyosho6.jpg

kyosho5.jpg

kyosho7.jpg

kyosho8.jpg

kyosho9.jpg

kyosho10.jpg

kyosho11.jpg

Thanks, I gotta wipe the drool from my mouth now! Looks really solid!

Very cool. I'll be starting my STR build in the next couple days.

Oddly enough I also drive an XB8 in 1/8th.

Brandon

what is the cheapest $$ you have found??

e-clips huh? I'm not familiar with Kyosho stuff, is that normal for them?
I didn't know Truggies are so much larger than buggies. Pretty freakin sweet!

Yep e-clips are normal for kyosho and sweetdiesel, I'm not sure the kit came with those hexes. I saw an article on the STR in RCCA and it had regular phillips screws?

Nice looking truck. I wanna see when Xray will do a truggy with the XB8 platform, I drive an XB8 aswell.

I don't think xray has any plans of a truggy. I've heard rumors, but am skeptical.

Yup, 95% phillips screws.

I'm in the middle of putting mine together and I'm amazed at how "archaic" some of the parts/design is/are.

"E" clips, phillips "wood" screws, and a pain to remove the diffs for maintenance.

I don't get it. Sure, you don't mess with success, but how about joining this century. Those few things while minor are what most of the new 8th scales offer. The Hellfire is takes only a few minutes to remove the diffs, as does the Sportwerks, and LOSI vehicles.

This thing better be "AWESOME" when I'm done with it to justify its cost....

AC48 said:
Yep e-clips are normal for kyosho and sweetdiesel, I'm not sure the kit came with those hexes. I saw an article on the STR in RCCA and it had regular phillips screws?

Nice looking truck. I wanna see when Xray will do a truggy with the XB8 platform, I drive an XB8 aswell.

I personally hate the wood screws. If you don't like the e-clips (which work better then the bolt type hinge pins) just buy the k factory eclipless ones. Or better yet, buy the kings head or fioroni pin holders that use set screws to hold the hinge pins in.

You've worked on the new Losi?

The kyosho is no harder to work on then any of the other top buggies or truggies.

Brandon don't defend it just because your getting one! :D

Its definatly a sweet truck!

haha, gotta represent man. I've got my truck half built by the way. :D

Actually, I don't really like working on the Kyosho nearly as much as the xray. It is leaps and bounds better then the Jammin however.

The reason i prefer the eclips over the bolt type hinge pins is because I can't ever seem to get one side identical to the other when it comes to the freeness of the arms. Where with the clips, i just put em on and go, with no binding whatsoever.

I've built a XB8 and a MP777 SP1 and I agree, working on the Xray is much better. I am not a fan of the e-clips, one more reason I like Xray. I have not seemed to have any binding problems.

I was making reference to the LST.

I never said the Kyosho was "harder" to work on. It takes more time to get to them, more parts, items to remove. Thats a pain, not hard.

The more "stuff" you have to remove the greater the chance to lose parts, strip something, or install something incorrectly especially when you are trying to do it at the track between heats.

If HPI, SportWerks, Losi and I'm sure others can do it, then Kyosho can too. I believe they are relying on their "history", so they don't have to make changes.

untchbl said:
edit

You've worked on the new Losi?

The kyosho is no harder to work on then any of the other top buggies or truggies.

I would have to agree with you on Kyosho useing their history more so then on new gadgetry.

They abide by the KISS (keep it simple stupid) rule and don't bother messing with success.

we had a full heat of kyoshos at my local club race last night. They are strong trucks.