Kyosho Fazer Review

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Panko75

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
To sum up my reaction to the Kyosho Fazer, I was initially dissapointed, but but I came around to enjoying it.

When I initially picked this car up (used, from an off-road guy who wasn't into on-road), it had only been ran a few times, and based on the body damage I can see why it had a salvage title.

The included electronics aren't half bad, normally I don't like RTR electronics that much, but the servo is quick enough for fun, the 14t 550 motor isn't far off a 12T Titan in performance, the controller has plenty of knobs to adjust different settings, and the tires are a nice blend of "scale" while still being useful on pavement.

I did have to add shock oil (and use a real car wrench to loosen up the overtightened shocks), they were undefiled and had 25 or 30wt in them I think? They just bounced around over bumps like pogo shocks.

The chassis itself is very plastic fantastic...and this was where I was a bit dissapointed. There were no alternate shock mounting positions, toe, nor camber. This is a pure "basher" platform. Plastic dogbones, plastic driveshaft, and a plastic PINION gear!

It's not bad to drive though, it's fairly quick with some understeer. The chassis has an angle to it so it just slides over pebbles and bumps. I never ended up flipping it over either, despite being on its highest settings.

Normally I don't mind bodyposts, but on the Camaro they stick out through the rear window, and up front it's difficult to install or remove body pins without scraping the hood where it raises up.

Plenty of people have compared these to the Tamiya TT-series. The Fazer doesn't have the aftermarket of Tamiya, nor can you race it in TCS and loose to decked out TT02s, but the Fazer just "works". You can run it as it is and have fun, with your only expenses being batteries and tires, no hop-ups needed. That being said, I never messed with Kyoshos hop-ups as they're very expensive and the quality is hit or miss.

My only other real gripe is the wheelbase, the "short" Fazers are 260mm which can kinda work with 257mm, but most 260mm bodies are brittle no-brand PVC bodies or brittle PVC HSP/Redcat, there's not much that's "nice".

The longer wheelbase is even more limited, either you have to kluge something together or pony-up for a $60-$100 Kyosho bodyshell.

20240415_170146.jpg.cea0afbc70b03e241595facf6d229efd.jpg

20240510_155209.jpg

Good looking car, I have one also. I was very impressed right from the beginning.
Easy kit to build and with just a cheap amazon brushless system she really screams.
She also hugs the road quite well, very fun to run.
Onroad cars really aren't my thing but I bought the Kyosho kit because my nephew gave me the body.

Last edited:
The bodies for the fazers look great. I've been very tempted lately to order the rtr chevelle or one of the mopars. They look great and fairly cheap but the chassis was a bit of a turnoff. Glad to hear your experience was positive.

Last edited:
The bodies for the fazers look great. I've been very tempted lately to order the rtr chevelle or one of the molars. They look great and fairly cheap but the chassis was a bit of a turnoff. Glad to hear your experience was positive.
Thanks, if I had to have one on-road car it'd probably be a Fazer. I just wish that they were brushless ready out of the box, and used machine screws.

I bought the Kyosho kit because my nephew gave me the body.
The kit is definitely the way to go if you have a body sitting around. I'm kinda leaning away from on-road myself, but I'd rank this in my top 3 for on-road bashers

Spot on review. it’s a good entry level budget friendly car with Kyosho upgrades only to make it interesting. The big draw is the detailed bodies for people that are into the models they offer. Still a lot u can do with it to make it your own style. I like tinkering with mine!

IMG_8776.jpeg

Back