Kobalt Double Drive and Sanyo Eneloop Batteries Giveaway

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, dude across the street just came bitching about the noise from the buggy, saying this "couldn't continue for 2-3 hours every day because it's driving him crazy". Never used my trucks before 10a.m. nor past 7 p.m. so I don't think he can do anything if I decide to keep doing it.
I'm sure you all have gone through this at one time or another, any advice?

EDIT: Advice that doesn't include me switching to electric, lol.

EDITx2: Never mind...

Sec. 36-3. Loud or boisterous noises generally.
No person shall create any loud or boisterous noise which may annoy persons on any street or
sidewalk or in any building adjacent thereto.

Last edited:
Yeah it pretty much depends on the noise ordinances in your town but most towns have them but the main thing is what do they consider loud and boisterous. Some places also have an ordinance but it only applies between certain hours. For perfect clarification I would suggest calling your local police non-emergency number and just ask them about it. Even if you could get away with it though its generally not good to piss off yoru neighbors with it. Just go out to the park or find a little more secluded spot to bash. If you are young and can't transport yourself around easily then I would consider going electric. Thats just a personal suggestion but if you dont drive and you have a noise ordinance you might not have alot of choice.

Oh guess what, didn't even have to call to find out, officer showed up at my door as soon as I finished my last post.
If it can be heard 25 feet away its considered too loud. If I do it in my own backyard and it can be heard 100 feet away is considered loud as well and I can get fined for $30-$150.

I'm 24, I can transport myself just fine (I guess that makes me even more of an ass for messing around in the street), but laziness always gets in the way. I have a big park 3 min away and a huge one 10 min away so I guess it's time to get a nice toolbox and start going out.

We have a time on the noise statute that goes from 10pm until 8am. If I'm out making noise with myBaja, usually the cops come to watch and laugh as i do traction rolls.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Stop being a lazyass! I would just start it up and run it up and down his driveway for about 10 minutes or so and then stop for an hour and then do it again rinse and repeat. Make sure you rev it excessivly....lol just kidding :p Srsly though.....I would....

HAHA, I'll do that with my baja once I get it :p, that thing is LOUD [ame]http://youtu.be/pMkT324VcCM[/ame] (not my video, but it is the one I bought)

And I guess I could get a MERV/mini 8ight/xs flux to mess around outside when I'm feeling lazy, right?

afternoon contest entry

HAHA, I'll do that with my baja once I get it :p, that thing is LOUD http://youtu.be/pMkT324VcCM (not my video, but it is the one I bought)

And I guess I could get a MERV/mini 8ight/xs flux to mess around outside when I'm feeling lazy, right?

LMAO I can't imagine why anyone would complain about that? I could barely hear it....especially once the muffler was removed. :hehe:

Dude definatly a mini electric would be awesome for out in the street. If you're ony gonna bash it I would go with the mini savage myself, merv would be my second choice. The mini 8ights are badass but arent going to do grass very well.

Its been awhile since I won anything . I could use a new screwdriver .

I'm a little more interested in the batteries but that double drive feature actually looks really awesome too.

I would take either or both...both would be better...lol

Might as well just end this and give it to grey :p:

two laptops fixed, fart fan replaced, game(s) watched, pizza ordered. PHEW!! i need a break from my break!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back