just got my tc3 from the mail

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gta18

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi guys just got a new toy in addition to my savage. this would be my first on road nitro rc. Would you have any advice or precautions that you can give me. I haven't run it yet.
thanx

pic of my tc3

Attachments

• DSCF0044.JPG
    DSCF0044.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 99
Get a failsafe. Also, foam tires would be nice for it.

Since it's your first onroad, don't try to drive all balls out fast right away. That's how n00bs break stuff. It'll take some time to adjsut to the speed.

Don't forget to change the settings on the suspension. They're different for foams when compared to rubber tires

thanks! i'll be patient in adjusting with the speed of it. don't want to spend for repairs. would the foam tires be ok for the pavement? and doesn't the foam tires get worn out easily?

If you start drifting foams, they will wear out quickly...VERY quickly. But if you have a harder compound foams, you should be fine. Mine last quite awhile.

what should be the difference in driveability when i change the suspension settings?
thanks

how about the an engine upgrade to it? this came with the .12 is it abc in construction?

foams get a more agressive setting since traction is higher. Rubber needs to be less forgiving since the tires will traction roll. CHeck the back of the manual, it has settings for both tire types

Get either the XXXMain setup guide or the one from Team Associated. After break-in pull the restrictor out of the carb and it will gain you a little performance. You will have to richen it up a bit though. Then get a two speed tranny. Foams are the way to go too. Have fun with it