Just got a used mgt 8.0

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Let It RIP

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
What are some things that I would need to know about this truck. I am fairly new to nitro, know a little bit about tuning.

There are several members here that love theirs. Let us know how it works for you.

Read through some of the threads on here, they'll give you some ideas on things to look out for and tips on how to improve them. Welcome to RCNT.

I don't know how well you know nitro so excuse me if it seems I say things already known... Good quality fuel is very important for the life of your motor. A high oil content no matter the nitro content. If you're not using a digital thermometer to check your motor's temp, buy one! They are cheap and will tell you a lot about how your motor is running and how your mixture is. There are a bunch of great threads on here that will teach you how to be a pro at tuning. Short of that, the only other things I will suggest are that you spend some time going thru your truck, checking all the hardware to make sure it's right and wherever you have screws going into metal, use blue lok-tite to keep everything nice and snug. If you need to remove them later, the blue will allow you to remove them again. The red is way too much for most r/c applications. There's a ton of parts available to upgrade but as this is a new truck (to you) I recommend getting familiar and comfortable driving it. Upgrade parts as you need to repair broken parts. There's plenty of time to make it go fast after you're there. Good luck!!!