Jato for savage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oldviolin501

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I have a jato 3.3 that is very tired! I got it for a great even trade. The car is fun and very fast! But not what I really wanted. I have a friend that is offering to trade me for an hpi savage 25 in great condition. Only thing wrong with the savage is the front diff is stripped. Is this a good deal? I hear the savage is a beast!!! I don't know much about hpi

Haha yeah that's the reply I like to see!!!!! I'm waiting on the other guy to get back from offshore. He seen my jato and I've seen his savage. So it's a done deal. Just cannot do it until next week

I will update upon receiving it. One question on the subject. And I know I know it's been asked a million time, but I still never get a strait answer. Savage vs revo. Wast a better buy/tougher rc

That's really a tough call since they are both really great rigs. The Savage is known for being as close to bullet proof as you can get, right out of the box.
Whoever will ask will advise you to get the one they have. I used the suspension out of a Revo for one of my projects, and it's absolutely an ingenious setup.
A lot of it comes down to local hobby shop support. It seems everyone carries Traxxas so parts are never a problem.

And that's the conclusion I've gathered sofar. Traxxas is great and easy for parts. But the savage is as close to invincible as you can get

Either way, you can't go wrong with a savage.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

+2... I have two nitro Savages and two Fluxs. Case and point they are bad ass. I have a Jato and yes it is cool.... but not Savage cool....or as tough.

Yep I have 3 Savages and 1 Jato. The Jato is a fun rig, but its no Savage.

I have 3 savages and a revo and my personal opinion with my trucks the savage is a beast very strong and virtually indestructible.(King of the monster trucks!) However the revo can be the same.:D

Their Both Good rigs. The Revo is just going to require hop ups to get it to be tough like the Savage but it does have a lower "truggy-like" build so it corners a little better but the Savage Can handle tons of punishment. Traxxas may have a little more parts support but theres gonna be tons of Savage parts support as well as its probably one of their most popular kits. My personal preference would be the Savage but you would not be unhappy either way you went most likely.

I'm in the late stages of rebuilding my daughter's savage .25 and its super easy to work on. Some upgrades you'll want to do is the new radio box and the new brake conversion. The savage is a very nice and very well engineered rig. I have the xl and its a great rig as well. The diff may set you back about 20 bucks and is definitely worth the trade.

Thank all of you for the help and tips!!!!! I want the savage way more than the jato. Although the jato is a beast when it comes to speed!!!!