Jammin Vs. LSP

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JatoBasher

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Is the Jammin worth paying that much more than getting the LSP?

I gotta say I think the OFNA looks like better production quality.....can't give any more opinion than looks though

Yeah..I was wondering if I should pay more to get the jammin...cause I will be running against Lsp's, savvys, revos..thats the unlimited class....

i have a lsp and i ove it it handles like it on rails but the first thing you have to do is get a good motor to run in it but the stock works it just doenst have to rev you need in truggies for the straights but if your track doesn't have many straights it will work fine att first

I to was in your shoes but I plan on getting the Jammin x1 CR so I decided to keep it in the family and get the CRT...Matt Gosch said it handles and steers better than the Lightning(he was sposnerd by HB then went to the CRT)

Wll i traded my Jato for a LSP

you made out good in that deal no matter how you look at it......

I have yet to drive a Jammin CRT but had several LSP. The LSP is a Great Handling truck and my only complaint was the steering. I now have a Mugen Prospec X5T and it turns on a dime (better then most revos) but is not as wide as the LSP. Excellent handling on the Mugen and jumps very nice. I have only ran it one day at the track and just finished breaking in the motor so I have not had a chance to race it yet but soon will!

Bruce

what's your cost on the Jammin CRT?

Mr. Bruce?

thank you

Dibble.

Where is that? I saw somewhere that there going for $555

Please, how can you trust the opinion of a "sponsored driver" regarding his current sponsored "ride" and his previous ride....

He's paid by his current sponsor to drive their car/truggy. So is he really going to bad mouth it?

And think about it, sponsored drivers don't typically get to pick who they "drive" for. Probably the absolute best do, but I'll bet money talks alot louder than their choice of rides.

Also, if you think a sponsored driver's car/truggy is anything like the one you can buy from your LHS including hop-ups they sell.....well, I've got some lake-front property I'd like to sell you ;)

I also find it funny that now that this Hoa Bao (sp) or Huang Nor produced item is going under the name of "Jammin" its a "Great Truck". Yet if it was marketed under the "Ofna" banner, people wouldn't think much of it, just another Ofna product. Yeah, I know Halsey had a hand in its design and its won a few races, but under the "shell" its still a chinese made truck thats also marketed to Ofna....

JEXTEL said:
I to was in your shoes but I plan on getting the Jammin x1 CR so I decided to keep it in the family and get the CRT...Matt Gosch said it handles and steers better than the Lightning(he was sposnerd by HB then went to the CRT)

ApriliaRacer said:
Please, how can you trust the opinion of a "sponsored driver" regarding his current sponsored "ride" and his previous ride....

He's paid by his current sponsor to drive their car/truggy. So is he really going to bad mouth it?

And think about it, sponsored drivers don't typically get to pick who they "drive" for. Probably the absolute best do, but I'll bet money talks alot louder than their choice of rides.

Also, if you think a sponsored driver's car/truggy is anything like the one you can buy from your LHS including hop-ups they sell.....well, I've got some lake-front property I'd like to sell you ;)

I also find it funny that now that this Hoa Bao (sp) or Huang Nor produced item is going under the name of "Jammin" its a "Great Truck". Yet if it was marketed under the "Ofna" banner, people wouldn't think much of it, just another Ofna product. Yeah, I know Halsey had a hand in its design and its won a few races, but under the "shell" its still a chinese made truck thats also marketed to Ofna....

True that sponsered drivers are biased. That and the Mags never really have much BAD to say about anything they review.:ponder2:

Hong Nor and Hoa Bao are 2 different companies that are sold as Ofna over here. Same as you will sree a Ofna Picco. Everyone knows and puts Jammin and Ofna together, so most would not think "just another Ofna product". Yeah, MOST of what the pros are running are not completely stock. Then most people dont think their "stock" Fordrus is the same as a "stock car" in the nextel series.

psunitro said:
Hong Nor and Hoa Bao are 2 different companies that are sold as Ofna over here.

The relationship between HoBoa and HN is a little closer than that. They're literally neighbours who do a lot of cross manufacturing (mouldings and parts stamping) for each other.
Hong Nor and Ho Bao products do share quite a few basic parts too...

In the UK the CRT is sold under the Hong Nor name, it's identical to the U.S. Jammin' release except it doesn't ship with tires oddly enough.
The "big" name in UK Nitro (especially buggies) is HoBao, the "Hyper" series buggies are in abundance here

As for the comment on sponsored drivers, towards the end of the 2005 season I saw a race colleague who is a sponsored TTR (EB4-S3) driver enter a regional meeting with a brand new X1-CR buggy. He had only built it during the week and hadn't even given it a decent off road run yet.
He whupped ass with that X1-CR. He said although he was a TTR sponsored driver, the HNR (Jammin') was the most exciting new product he has ever driven
He is driving a Jammin' this year, as am I and many other RCNT Members :¬)

the Jammin blows the HB's out of the water! Plain and simple.

Dibble, I may be selling my CRT soon if the rumors of the XB8T are true.

Your comment is the kind that I cherish!

Absolutely NOTHING behind it.

Your comment is like saying "Chevy is Better Than Ford". Totally undefendable....

Where's the "objective" evidence? And don't use that so-and-so, beat so-and-so, driving at the Worlds or at the Nationals.....

Please, this had been a very "intelligent" discussion till your post....

untchbl said:
the Jammin blows the HB's out of the water! Plain and simple.

Dibble, I may be selling my CRT soon if the rumors of the XB8T are true.

Maybe if you used the search function you'd find that 8 or so pages of my review of the truck and the other posts that are very similar to yours.

You are the type of person that makes these forums very cumbersome. It's great to hear the same question about twice a week.

Next time scroll a couple posts down and read some titles. You may be surprised at what you find.

Brandon

Back