Is this a good choice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperMaxx83

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i have a lighting stadium pro and i have been runing a sportwerks .26 in it since i have had it new and i keep having problems with the motor and i have made my mind up on getting a new one and the one i was thinking of getting is the O.S 30 i have herd some good things and bad thins about it but i would like a motor that is good all around and something that will mkae my lsp haul a$$ i was just wondering if this is a good choice or is there something better out there that will last with out no problems and one that tunes farely easy and holds it also if so please give me some links and i will check into them and let me know the goods and bads about diff motors thanx guys :wasted:

I personally run an OS .30 in my Truggy. I have a CRT and it screams. I have about a half gallon through it so far and it is running fine. It is easy to tune and it holds a tune very well. There is a guy at my local track who has put an OS .30 in his LSP and he is very happy with it. Now this is just my opinion and I am sure there are many more out there. I think the .30 is a decent mill. It is not ROAR legal, but I don't race ROAR, and my LHS track allows the .30 in the Unlimited class. I would check out the OS website for the specs on the mill and I haven't found the link yet but Xtream RC magazine did a piece on the Mill in the October 2005 issue... I think. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Tom

Well I am sure the OS 30 is a very good motor but the Sportwerks 26 is one of the best for the money I have come across, if you do a lot of racing there is many of clubs and organizations that do not allow a 30 to race, generally the limit is 28. I personally have gone back to a 21 and am VERY satisfied with it(bigger is not always better). The wasp 28 is another I have noticed with a ton of power. These are all affordable range motors-if you want to put out a good wad of cash go right to a RB 928, they are a POWER HOUSE but a little finicky to tune. For the money I personally think you are running perhaps one of the best motors out there, in my opinion I would buy a new one just like you have then you have the a new fresh motor that you have experiance with? Just my opinion though.

Dooley put a .30 in his X1-CRT PM him he'l give the low down.

well now i am looking at the lrp z28 mill one of my buddys has one in his crt and that thing is a power house and its not even tuned perfect yet he is still running really fat and that thing flys so i am looking at one of those is this a better idea then the os 30 also i have no luck with the sportwerks and they do run good for a short period of time and i make sure they run under 250 on the temp gun so i dont know if it me or the motors but let me know what you guys think

Best bang for the buck right now is the Picco P3 .28 .

If you are racing that is.

I am running the OS .30 in my CRT,as Walleye stated,and it friggin RIPS!However do take into consideration that this is my first 1/8th scale.So, I can only say what I know and that is good to this point at about a 1/3 of a gallon.

Back