Is this a Custom T-Maxx?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nights1000

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So picked this car up and a HPI-Hellfire used from CL for $300 the hellfire runs perfect. I'm some what new to the RC world so I've been having a hard time figuring out what this Truck is...

It has a O.S cvr motor on it
I'm guessing different chassis
RPM skid plates
The front bumper says TRX but that didnt help me..

Heres a few pics.. thanks

Attachments

• Photo165.jpg
    Photo165.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 176
  • Photo166.jpg
    Photo166.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 151
  • Photo168.jpg
    Photo168.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 182
  • Photo169.jpg
    Photo169.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 145
From the looks of it, it is a modded Maxx. The front and rear clips are definitely Maxx. Tranny is Maxx. Looks like a custom chassis added. But definitely a Maxx.

yea thats what i thought I just been looking for that chassis or underskid for the last 2 days and i have found a few that are simular from integy but nothing that was a exact match... Thanks for the input, i was just wondering because I'm going to keep modding it...

The 3.3 motor for the tmaxx is gonna be faster then the O.S .18cvr motor?

Thanks

No, that .18 OS motor will smoke the 3.3 IMO

Ok so i can't find the chassis that is on this tmaxx for the life of me...

this chassis still a 1/10?

also what is a good plan for making this thing faster I'm guessing the chassis is lighter then the stock one,,and no chance in doing a dual engine..

when i sit this thing next to my hellfire its like the same car just taller and the hellfire is 1/8..

Reason I'm asking all this is casue i have much more fun with the T-maxx so far then the hellfire, so I'm thinking of selling my hellfire and my TC3 to just go nuts on the tmaxx lol

Thanks guys

Well you can change out the spur gear and CB to get a little more speed. The smaller the spur gear and the bigger the Clutch Bell the faster it will go. Just be careful that you dont overgear the engine. I put too small a spur and too big a Cb on my Revo and it ran like crap

will a OFNA .26 drop right into this chassis?

and I'm guessing the ofna .26 will be better then a Losi M26SS?

thanks guys

Picco (or OFNA) do a straight drop in .26, but make sure you get the right one, otherwise you will need to do a BB mod and that will cost a few quid.

HA, a little boy squid who's tenticles havent dropped yet. :)

Back