Is The Serpent 705 A Good Car?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dblock545

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi,, Bought A Serpent 705 With Novamega 12 Engine In It. Just Waiting On It To Get Here, Is This A Good Car And Engine? Can Anyone Tell Me The Speed I Should Get Out Of This Car With The Right Tuning?

Yes, that is a very good car, and a world class champion. It has since been replaced by the new Serpent 710, but is still a very capable racer.

I think you will be very happy. Congrats!

wOW, hey thanks so much for your input. I'm kinda new to the nitro world, i bought i rs4 evo about 3-4 months ago,, i tuned, upgraded,,and still couldnt keep up with the guys with the yokomo's,mugens,and 4-tecs,,so you think this will help me keep up with them? Also what do you know about the novamega 12 engine hp,rpms,etc. thank you.

not sure which novamega 12, i think its the one that comes with the car>>sx-12sev-2 maybe

I'm sorry i did some research,, the engine is the sx 12 re 5 port turbo. will only turbo plugs work with this engine?

Yeah, if it has a turbo underhead (button), then only turbo plugs will work in it. If you want to use standard plugs then you will have to buy a standard underhead (button).

Did you find any specs on that engine? I am curious about it.

Later...

Yes the engine is a SX 12 RE 5 port turbo

Hey Digital, question for you. I have a rs4 that i have been running 30% fuel in. Will the 30% fuel(Sidewinder) not be good for the nova mugen turbo? If not which should i switch to? 20%?

the 30% should work just fine, but adding a single head shim will drastically lower engine temps and allow for better tuning and power.

The 705 is a great car the motor you got is a fast motor parts are still available.
I'm hearing that SERPENT IS COMING OUT WITH A 720 kit which is the same as the 710 but with extras like cvds & extra hop ups

710baby said:
The 705 is a great car the motor you got is a fast motor parts are still available.
I'm hearing that SERPENT IS COMING OUT WITH A 720 kit which is the same as the 710 but with extras like cvds & extra hop ups
they better not come out with a 720 kit. i finally got my 710's suspension tuned to my liking. where did you come across this information?

YEAH, where did you get that info from? The news on the serpent page says different ...

[inwindow=300]http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=10600[/inwindow]

Well now let's see if it stays that way serpent is known to change a lot but the story is the 720 is the 710 just hoppped up but I hope it is not true :cheers:

Back