Is T Maxx Or Savage Stronger!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I worndered about this for a long time before i bought my savage.
I looked at the exploded views of both and thought the savage is better designed and built. the savage was built for and .21bb engine the t-maxx was never built ready for the new 2.5 engine it was modified from the old slower .15 (2.5 is a tuned .15).

now having owned a savage 1 gallon gone they're strong very strong. watch some videos. I've flipped rolled cartwheeled and landed flat on my roof from about 5-6' up highest jump jet has to be about 7-8'.

I have broke 1 bumper mount. £2.99 ebay
1 steering up right (rear) had a spare in the packet. £0
1 dog bone when i hit a rock full speed. £12 a pair.

Have now seen a t-maxx and plastic doesn't look as flexable.

Hope this helps. I would like to see more opinions on this too.

Yeah i have broke 3 dogbones in aweek and i am a bit annoyed
and i have just stripped a gear in my sterring servo

I'm up over 20 tanks and havent broken a thing. There is a bad set of dog bones out there but those are replaced for free, along with the uprights, if you happen to get one of the first runs. Aside from that, this Savage is a hell of a lot stronger than my Maxx ever was. Woodie can vouch, I was hitting 15 ft of air and never broke a thing! Even rolled sideways about 30 times and still nothing broke.

The ONLY thing I had a problem with was my Big Joe 40's. I forgot to drill 1/8th inch holes in the rims to let air out on high jump impact. Popped 2 tires off the rims. No biggie.

blimey. popped ye tyres off the rims.

your talking US warrenty. UK never mentioned bad dog bones or old style uprights.

I bought my savage from US but live in UK guess I'm screwed although I saved enough money to buy a second savage. (I didnt, I thought I'd need the money for spares, I was right ) :(

Call them - they should cover it regardless!