iPod Questions

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer 1966

What are we doing today?
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My stepson gave me his iPod touch today. Is there any way to put songs,vids ect... on it without going through iTunes?

You can try going into the (computer) find were it says ipod and try putting it that way (you know put music in the music folder and so on... . But i don't think you can. Itunes is not all that big of a program. Nor is it hard to use. I would go that route. By the way good score I can't live without mine.

http://www.mgtek.com/dopisp/

To be honest though, you kinda need iTunes to use the Touch. Any other iPod wouldn't be a problem, but the Touch has so much stuff that is only accessible through iTunes.

Ok thanks guys! I have iTunes(my son already has an iPod),just don't like how it works. I guess I'll just keep using it though.

There are a ton of programs to use Randy. SharePod comes to mind...WinAmp has features to load up an iPod....literally TONS of options to iTunes ;-)

Unfortunately, you'll need to use iTunes to get the best functionality features of the iPod Touch.

Such as what? ;-) You can access the App Store directly on the iPod Touch.....

Other than apps, what else can you get from the App store from the ipod touch? I don't have an ipod touch but my iphone only allows me to download apps from the app store. If I wanted to download music, videos, etc I would have to go into itunes.

You can also arrange the home screen(s) as well as load on purchased and rented videos as well as update podcasts and music/video play lists.

I bought a touch and am waiting for it to show up so I dont know anything about it but from what I've read here, you guys are saying you have to use itunes to put music on it? Does that mean I have to pay for stuff? I just planned on putting songs off my computer on to it like previous mp3's.

I bought a touch and am waiting for it to show up so I dont know anything about it but from what I've read here, you guys are saying you have to use itunes to put music on it? Does that mean I have to pay for stuff? I just planned on putting songs off my computer on to it like previous mp3's.

if you have songs on your computer, you can put them into your itunes library and then put them on you ipod touch, if you dont want to pay for stuff such as songs, i use limewire and have been using since i was like 9 or 10, never had any problems with it...and if you dont want to pay for apps, you can jailbreak your ipod, like i did, and get everything u want for free, plus you can add backgrounds to ur main screen, which u can't do with and un-jailbroken i pod touch..there is a lot learn when it comes to ipod touch's but once u get it down lie i have, its a breeze to use and blast to have as well!! hope u have a good experience like i have with mine... -NITRO-

All I want is music on mine. My phone does enough media crap that I dont use already lol.

All I want is music on mine. My phone does enough media crap that I dont use already lol.

You can rip any CD to iTunes and then sync your iPod to it. I have been using iTunes for years and buy singles from the store but if I want an LP I buy the CD and rip it. You can also load any MP3 onto iTunes and burn MP4's (iTunes-based songs) onto CD's to play on your home and car stereos. All in all it is a really cool program--not as propriety as people are led to believe. Hell, I have all my iTunes songs on my old BlackBerry AND my new Droid Eris as well!

if you have songs on your computer, you can put them into your itunes library and then put them on you ipod touch, if you dont want to pay for stuff such as songs, i use limewire and have been using since i was like 9 or 10, never had any problems with it...and if you dont want to pay for apps, you can jailbreak your ipod, like i did, and get everything u want for free, plus you can add backgrounds to ur main screen, which u can't do with and un-jailbroken i pod touch..there is a lot learn when it comes to ipod touch's but once u get it down lie i have, its a breeze to use and blast to have as well!! hope u have a good experience like i have with mine... -NITRO-

I'm not going to "jailbreak" mine, that's stealing .

I wanted it more for the wi-fi capability,my wife wants music for while she's out walking. Buying idividual songs is the best part,I rarely find an entire album worth listening to.

I just got a Touch for Christmas and it's pretty easy to use. iTunes works well. As they said, any music you put on your PC via whatever means can be funneled through iTunes to the iPod. My only bitch is that you can't really organize your music easily. For example, if you rip a CD and want to put it on, you have to create a custom playlist to put it on as an album. Otherwise it'll just see them as individual songs. I'd like the ability to put my music in subfolders or something to better arrange them.
I have tons of free apps that I always grab which I like. Med reference. eReaders. Games. I use my Touch every day. And the wi-fi is great as long as you can find a hotspot.

For example, if you rip a CD and want to put it on, you have to create a custom playlist to put it on as an album. Otherwise it'll just see them as individual songs.

If you select all the songs from that CD and right click on them, you can edit the album info for all the songs. If you do that, they'll go under whatever you name the album.