Internet Explorer 7.0

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsme

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
I installed the new IE 7.0 today, and so far..... I LIKE IT! It has a lot of cool options, not the least of which are tabs for new windows instead of opening whole new browsers, although that's an option too. An overview of open windows, like a print preview in Word, default search option much easier to control. Lot's of different stuff. Check it out at:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx?mg_ID=10001

Last edited:
I have it, too and it's better than previous versions. But I'm so entrenched in Firefox that I can't see a reason to bother switching. I love FF. So I'm stayin'.

What's the deal with this Firefox thing? I tried it like a year ago or so and it just gave me problems.. but everybody still seems to rave about it. What the deal?

I've yet to get used to FF myself. I found when I used it that a lot of pages I would visit would not load completely. I had to keep using the refresh over and over to get the page to load completely. I still try it from time to time to see if it gets any better when new versions come out but have yet to be sold on it. IE 7 looks an aweful lot like it though.

I'm also enjoying FF way to much to consider changing, plus FF 2.0 will be out in just about a week or two.

-Michael

Yeah, FF pretty much already had all these features way before IE, and its faster, so i ain't changin'.

So have any of you guys using FF experienced the same thing I have with pages not loading completely and having to refresh several times til it does?

On the rare occasion a site doesn't load properly, I just open it in an IE tab within FF.

I downloaded IE 7 and had a look see. It is clear they are copying FF. If you can't beat em, you have to join em I guess.

I still ain't changin'.

While there is no official word from FF yet, there is a download link for Fire Fox 2.0 for those of you willing to try it before it's actually released.

Windows Download

-Michael

I tried IE7 and while it is an improvment I see no reason to switch.

WoodiE- According to a post on Slashdot FF 2.0 is due out tomorrow.

I'm about to spend the next damn week testing an "internal" application that we use at our company with it... I already know it doesn't work. Apparently not everything is backwards compatible. Everything we have written requires IE6.0 or greater... so we thought.

yay.

I just got the spell checker to work with the V of FF I have now.
Not sure I want to upgrade.

i'm not sure if you have heard about it but i use Avant browser and it was definetly ahead of IE7 too. I like it a lot. I dunno if avant of FF had tabbed windows first, but i'm not too much of a fan of FF but its good and i have no complaints.

FastEddy said:
I just got the spell checker to work with the V of FF I have now.
Not sure I want to upgrade.

Eddy,

The new FF 2.0 has a spell checker built in, all you have to do is download a dictionary for it.

When you've got FF2 installed and typing a message right click and click on ADD DICTIONARY and it will take you to a page to download all types of dictionary's!

-Michael

Ill give it a go!

I did DL IE 7.0 and have to say is not that bad.
It mimics FF in many ways and is easy to use. Its a far cry from the last version and is on its way to being useful.

Where's FF 2.0? I checked for updates and there aren't any... I use Aspell currently. Although, it makes me have to shut off my script checking portion of my antivirus software since it's java script based I think.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/

Download link for FF 2.0 is right there....

Ok, just downloaded and installed it. Looks nice so far. They've improved the looks a bit. That's all I can say for now. But it's off to a good start. Oh, and the Spell Check tags any words not in the dictionary as you're typing. Very cool.

I am using the new IE7 and it has different places where icons I am used to seeing somewhere else. Regardless I will stick with it.

Back