Internal BEC or external and settings

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

primebeatz

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I have an internal BEC on Mamba X ESC from 5.5 to 8v. I have not yet installed a Castle BEC 10 amp peak (6S 25.2V max in. 4.8V-9V OUT) external BEC. I'm using a Savox SC 1258TG servo. Do I need to install the external BEC? What voltage settings should I set to the internal one on the Mamba?

I have an internal BEC on Mamba X ESC from 5.5 to 8v. I have not yet installed a Castle BEC 10 amp peak (6S 25.2V max in. 4.8V-9V OUT) external BEC. I'm using a Savox SC 1258TG servo. Do I need to install the external BEC? What voltage settings should I set to the internal one on the Mamba?
You dont have to use the external BEC but if you have it youll save a little strain on the ESC by using it. Whichever route you go you'll want to set the BEC (internal or external) to 6V as thats the maximum rated voltage for that servo you're using.

That is why he kinda needs the BEC. The comments in the reviews for that servo tend to lean towards a BEC is needed. Granted, it depends on the ESC, but better safe than sorry.

So I'd be using 2 BECs then... what settings for each would you recommend?