In a Pinch? How is this done ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverbird02

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
How do you pinch an engine and how long does it last?Do you have to rebreak it in?Any help would be great just to clarify this cause i think my new engine needs it,new but used,its not running right...HPI 4.2 in a savge X

Olds_97 thread (linked above) has some good info in it. I just had one done from Rays also. Just put it back together last night. Rays site has some useful info on it as well which I think also in the thread linked to. It does need to be broken in again. It is a inexpensive alternative to try vs a new p/s. Depending on the mill you have and if it is not warped it may be the way to go. From what I have been told that is.

Still on my first pinch and from what I can tell she didn't really appreciate me piching her like that. I'll find out for sure and pinch her again this sunday when I see her in church.

Last edited:
Do you know how much has been run through the engine so far? And is hard hard to crank it over by hand with the flywheel? say with one finger?

Nope just got it from e-bay sale motor runs and seems like it has good comp.but takes forever to start cold wont stay running just all messed up.So ill do the old new GP and AF
and try to run some fuel through it to see if it might be losing comp. from a leak or a bad carb,but that thread was awesome about the pinch Thanx Guys

Back