I'm sure not in my 20's anymore

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

insaneatvs

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Yesterday I had the day off, so I got up pulled the engine outta my rail to a new 6 puck clutch and a stage 4 pressure plate in it, I also pulled the 930 cv axles out and packed the 930 cv's with Cat Desert Gold grease ( best grease ever). I had no luck putting the engine back in by my self my Brother came over and we put it back in, got it all buttoned up, now the only thing I have to do is give it an oil change. Mind you I was up at 3:30am yesterday ate lunch around 2:30 and finished the car up at 11:00pm, Woke up today and my entire Body is SORE.....Ralph is this a sign that I'm getting old? :p:

I'm nearly 26 and just reading everything you did in a day would of made me just as sore.

It made me sore just reading about it...

I remember when I'd work all day, then go home and spend several more hours tearing a car apart or putting one back together. When it got dark I'd go in and grab something to eat, go down in the basement and work on another project. At about midnight I'd take a shower, go to bed and do the same thing the next day.

I didn't start to wear down till I was in my forties and an earlier car wreck started to catch up with my back.

Just recently a friend of mine pointed out that most of our conversations are about things we USED to do, not what we want to do. :\

Welcome to the old fart's club, level 1.
Make the best of it, you're fading fast. :hehe:

In other words, it's all down-hill from here....

I asked my wife if this is what it feels like getting old......Note to self DONT DO THAT AGAIN

You gotta be out on the edge from time to time!

I remember when I'd work all day, then go home and spend several more hours tearing a car apart or putting one back together. When it got dark I'd go in and grab something to eat, go down in the basement and work on another project. At about midnight I'd take a shower, go to bed and do the same thing the next day.

I didn't start to wear down till I was in my forties and an earlier car wreck started to catch up with my back.

Just recently a friend of mine pointed out that most of our conversations are about things we USED to do, not what we want to do. :\

Welcome to the old fart's club, level 1.
Make the best of it, you're fading fast. :hehe:

Model T components were much lighter than today's so that's not a fair comparison.

HAHAHAHA that was a good one! As for getting old. I think I'm getting there myself...Id rather pay someone to work on my car rather than have to do it myself like I did 15-20 years ago....or maybe I'm just lazy...IDK either way I'm sore and tired after reading that :p

When I had to replace my starter last summer, one guy jacked the car up and set the blocks under it, another guy took it out, another guy put it in and then I got under and wired it.
I used to be able to do it in less than an hour and it was a 3 hour team effort. :hehe:

Just remember, the older you get, the more friends you need. :) :rolex:

I didn't realize that replacing the starter on your Savage was that much work, Rolex. I knew that it was heavy, but I didn't think it was that heavy...

Can't win. :)

When you keep going downhill faster and faster, you'll finally hit the bottom and lay there in a crumpled heap. If you feel the need to say, "Help me. I've fallen and I can't get up." It's time to sell your ATV.

Can't win. :)

When you keep going downhill faster and faster, you'll finally hit the bottom and lay there in a crumpled heap. If you feel the need to say, "Help me. I've fallen and I can't get up." It's time to sell your ATV.

can you even lift your leg high enough to get over the seat of a atv?:hehe: