If you use Sony Music CD's . . .

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Who woulda thunk Sony would stoop so low. But seriously, that is a bit far considering all this music is readily availbale over thousands of diffrent file sharing and P2P networks world over. Simply installing software doesn't stop the copying or transfer, but if it ever comes down to a lawsuit, Sony WILL know where the files came from...

Just another reason i don't like sony,they have to piss on everybody's parade.

Hmm.

I deleted the driver files and their Registry keys, stopped the $sys$DRMServer service and deleted its image, and rebooted. As I was deleting the driver Registry keys under HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services I noted that they were either configured as boot-start drivers or members of groups listed by name in the HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot subkeys, which means that they load even in Safe Mode, making system recovery extremely difficult if any of them have a bug that prevents the system from booting.

Just another reason I like OS X. Piss on MS, and Sony.

i just got an email from one of my friends thats redicualous about sony.

Yeah I've been reading these stories since they came out about a week or two ago - I couldn't believe it myself. Pretty crazy

-Michael

yeah, it's pretty insane what they did. The program has so much shadyness to it to begin with, then you add in the fact that it takes over your computer and creates a HUGE security flaw.

I think a few days ago there was some hacker guy that wrote a program that exploited Sony's little program. If I remember, it some how integrated itself to the program and basically made one big opening for accessing an infected computer with ease.

I personally hope Sony gets sued out of their mind and their stock prices go to hell.

I can believe that Sony did that; after all, the lawsuits filed against P2P users are pretty much at a standstill, so they have to do something. However, the road they chose to take was not the best in the world. The fact that they used a root kit alone opens them up to a lawsuit, somewhat like what happened with that "Bonzi Buddy" thing (claimed to be a 'net surfing companian', based on Microsofts' Agent... Turned out to be the WORST spyware ever).

Sony will be sued out of their socks... It's only a matter of time.

somebody hire the lawyers that took on big tobacco, its time to go for the record labels.

mnm said:
lol i have a sony laptop! :cheers: GO SONY!

Well, at least they allready acomplished selling you something with minor flaws in it, now all they need do is blast down your defenses with that Alanis Morset cd you've been jammin' lately and they got it made! J/k lol

Back