If You Didn't Do Anything RC Related, What Did You Do, Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a nice amp, not crazy money either.
I wished guitar gear was this inexpensive and readily available when I was dabbling with guitars back in the late 80's. It's one of the very few things inflation hasn't touch. It's such a great time, right now, to take up guitar playing.

You know I be wanting that big fancy one with that shiny fender logo on it ;)

I felt pretty good this afternoon so I got out of my chair and measured out everything in the bathroom and figured my materials.
Gonna start remodeling after Christmas. New drywall, ceramic tile shower surround, sub fllooring, New lino.

You see what I'm seeing back there?

View attachment 175259
My.grandpas old strat
This pic was taking during those covid times, yes my hair was out of whack with staying inside 24/7 🤣 I should have blur out my feet, no one wants to see that
It's probably out of tune by like 17 years.
My first strat was a Mexican made Strat. At the time, I had just started playing, and a musician buddy of mine was teaching me to play. Everyone that played it said it was a really nice one. Congrats!

The best place to buy an amp is a local music shop that sells used equipment. Take your guitar and have them go through it and set the intonation for you with some new strings. When you pick it up, try out some of the used amps with it. I have a very nice little Fender G Dec 3 that I just love that came from a shop in Indy where I used to get lessons. It has all kinds of built in effects (100 effects) from country to metal and everything in between. And you can even create your own or download them off the internet. It also has the ability to play backing tracks that you can download off the internet. I paid $80 for it used and couldn't be happier.
9760493_x_ra.jpg

Oh, nice t-shirt!

Nah just me and my backyard with some targets
I do that too! I mostly shoot pellet guns in the backyard, but I do enjoy messing with my much less destructive airsoft every now and then. Here are the 3 I have. The pistols are green gas. The M4 is just stupid fun on full auto! :
Screenshot_20231120_095621.jpg

Screenshot_20231120_095724.jpg

Screenshot_20231120_095901.jpg

Last edited:
You see what I'm seeing back there?

View attachment 175259
My.grandpas old strat
This pic was taking during those covid times, yes my hair was out of whack with staying inside 24/7 🤣 I should have blur out my feet, no one wants to see that
It's probably out of tune by like 17 years.
The MIM Fender Strat, is a great guitar. You really should pull it out of the closet and get busy.

I do that too! I mostly shoot pellet guns in the backyard, but I do enjoy messing with my much less destructive airsoft every now and then. Here are the 3 I have. The pistols are green gas:
View attachment 175284

View attachment 175285

View attachment 175286
Looking at getting another gas gun. They have a glock 19 I've been eye balling.

I had a battery powered ak47 hit me in the eye 100 feet across the parking lot. My eye saw it coming in slow motion.

Looking at getting another gas gun. They have a glock 19 I've been eye balling.
Mt 19X airsoft is such a great gun for defense practicing, since it's true to size and feel, and is very accurate at close range!
One day at the shooting range, an acquaintance let me try his 9mm G19. First time shooting it and not even really trying for accuracy, I made this grouping at around 30ft 😮
1030221522.jpg

I'm doing Archery in PE in school (bow n arrow) The other week I was the first one in the class to hit the bullseye. I think it was pure luck, since we weren't doing aiming yet. Not to mention I'm left handed too. (but I use a RC radio like normal tho because most radios don't have an option to flip the wheel around to the other side, like RTR radios and thats what I started out with and i got used to it)

This is one mixed conversation
One time we taking band and guitars.
And now airsoft guns
And then now back to guitars 🤣
Screenshot_20231120-104714.png

Last edited:
I'm doing Archery in PE in school (bow n arrow) The other week I was the first one in the class to hit the bullseye. I think it was pure luck, since we weren't doing aiming yet. Not to mention I'm left handed too. (but I use a RC radio like normal tho because most radios don't have an option to flip the wheel around to the other side, like RTR radios and thats what I started out with and i got used to it)
That brings up good memories.
Back in the early 80s I was a staff shooter for York Archery "long gone now", and I got all of my equipment free.
I had to attend 10 tournaments a summer and finish in the top 5 at least at three of them.
3d targets were a ton of fun to shoot but the competition got to be way out of control to a point I became severly burnt out with archery.
I shot 7 days a week and at least 4 hours a day. 100s of arrows shot every single day.
I was addicted to it and almost ruined a marriage over it because I was gone every weekend all summer long.
I bow hunted up to about 12 years ago until my health went to crap and couldn't do it anymore.

I used to absolutely love archery! Whether it be compound or traditional. I still have a soft spot for it, but in the last 15 years, my right shoulder has had issues. Already had rotator cuff repair once, about 10 years ago. I was good for a number of years, but it's been giving me issues the last few years.
I truly believe that my shoulder injury was due to archery. My fault most likely. Just pulling a lot more weight than I should have been.

The only time I have shot a bow was at work. A buddy just got some custom made arrows and he setup a target to play around while the machines were running. I was shooting at a gaylord (4' x 4' x 4' cardboard box) that was on a pallet, with the forklift holding the pallet up about a foot off the floor. My buddy was standing over to the side of the forklift.

I'm aiming at the gaylord, and my buddy kept telling me to aim higher. I'm like "are you sure"? Anyway, after he told me I was good, he told me to let her go. So I did, thinking I was aiming way too high. I let the arrow fly and it blasted into oblivion on the steel mast of the forklift, about 3 inches above the gaylord. I nearly put an arrow through the hydraulic line that raised the forks. I was so glad I didn't have to explain that one to the boss.

Today I am just sitting here in my recliner watching the South Park movie. I feel my brain rotting, but I don't care.

Last edited:
The only time I have shot a bow was at work. A buddy just got some custom made arrows and he setup a target to play around while the machines were running. I was shooting at a gaylord (4' x 4' x 4' cardboard box) that was on a pallet, with the forklift holding the pallet up about a foot off the floor. My buddy was standing over to the side of the forklift.

I'm aiming at the gaylord, and my buddy kept telling me to aim higher. I'm like "are you sure"? Anyway, after he told me I was good, he told me to let her go. So I did, thinking I was aiming way too high. I let the arrow fly and it blasted into oblivion on the steel mast of the forklift, about 3 inches above the gaylord. I nearly put an arrow through the hydraulic line that raised the forks. I was so glad I didn't have to explain that one to the boss.

Today I am just sitting here in my recliner watching the South Park movie. I feel my brain rotting, but I don't care.
Yeah, standing down range of any flying projectile is never, ever a good idea 🤦‍♂️

Yeah, standing down range of any flying projectile is never, ever a good idea 🤦‍♂️
Yeah, we were a bit drunk, and a little up in the clouds at the time. But he was standing plenty out of the way. The arrow would have had to turn around to get him.

almost made that bullseye today. Used the regular bow. Since they only have one left hand compound bow and a couple people had to share. compound bow feels better tho.

I wish I could post pics of some of the cool stuff we have were I work but were not allowed to take pictures. :cry:

I wish I could post pics of some of the cool stuff we have were I work but were not allowed to take pictures. :cry:
Come on, Man! Aren't we worth you getting a little bit of sleep deprivation and waterboarding in Quantanamo?

Back