Identify THIS! :)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swizzy

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey lads, I bought this Kyosho Inferno 1/8 size with a 0.21 engine on ebay for £87, BARGAIN! Only problem now is I'd like to know exactly what I have, whats already been upgraded etc.
http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/rc/detail.html?product_id=106459
That's the Inferno NEO, my engine but the rest of the buggy is different!

If anyone can identify it I have some questions!

How interchangeable are the Kyosho parts? Theres quite a few different models in the 1/8 category!

Any particular weaknesses with this model? Seems to run great though but just a few tips on what to look out for with this one.

One last one: Is there a decent website where the majority here buy from? I've had a look at a few, many have bits and bobs but not realy a decent selection! Also happens to be my luck that my local hobbystore doesn't sell kyosho parts :angry:

This turned out rather long, apologies for my rambling :)

Attachments

• 194470_10150509244015105_847720104_17794379_4596780_o.jpg
    194470_10150509244015105_847720104_17794379_4596780_o.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 117
not sure what model that buggy is, i've only ever used kyosho on-road cars. in terms of how interchangeable parts are, i'd say that they're fairly good. i fitted a kyosho gxr-18 engine from a new kyosho DBX 2.0 (1/8 scale) to my pureten alpha that's like 6 or 7 years old (1/10 scale). the 2 speed clutch bell from the original GX-12 engine on the alpha fit perfectly on the gxr-18. the engine mounting holes seem to stay the same across their models as well cos the gxr-18 fit well on the alpha chassis, although it needed to be modified a bit, nothing too serious though.
that's about as much as i have, haven't swapped any linkages/suspension/arms etc unfortunately.
in terms of dealers of kyosho parts, i'm with you really, random stores with random bits in them. if in doubt, ebay usually has some sort of solution. have you asked your LHS if they can order kyosho parts for you? they may not have them as shelf stock due to low demand but they might be able to order you in something.

nearly all koyosho inferno parts are interchangeable, so to upgrade you could buy parts from the mp9 and fit them on your buggy :) STILL CHECK THE SIZE AND DETAILS OF ALL THE PRODUCTS

Back