Identify this truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeroc1982

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Someone has it for sale for $100. Wondering if it's worth it

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161218-093127.png
    Screenshot_20161218-093127.png
    376 KB · Views: 129
Hmmm.. Got some more info. One pic just won't do it..

Wish I had more, that's all she has. Not even a brand name or anything...

If the body is stock it is an FS-Racing truck. But what model.. :) :) :)

FS racing decent stuff? She also said it's about 2feet long and about 1 foot wide. Trying to get more pics with body off. Guessing it's 1/5 scale?

Never seen one IRL but FS is chinese..

FS Racing Rally 5T

Yeah I'm gonna pass thanks guys

For $100 I'd prob dive in too... Again, so long as it isn't broke.

Well, if the rest of the truck matches the body, that looks like a FS racing 1/5 scale truck that originally cost somewhere around $700. I just traded off a FS racing 4wd truck with a 30.5 engine and here are my thoughts. I had a lot of fun with it but I also spent $$$ maintaining it. The drive train is very bad design. The rear diff has a set of very fragile gears that cost around $75 if you can find them, and you are going to bust them sooner or later. The entire drive system consists of a bunch of cheap bearings mounted into bad fitting bearing housings and you have to shim to get all the gears to fit the way they should. And regardless of doing all that, it is still going to sell-destruct. Everything on this truck is a bad design. No one here in the USA sells parts. (and probably not in Canada either!) You have to order from Aliexpress. They are located somewhere in China I think. And all the parts are kind of expensive.
So are you now starting to understand how I really feel about it? If you buy this thing, you will not be able to just run it and just have fun. You will spend lots of money to get it there and keep it going.

And there you have it... 2 guys who would drive it into the ground if it ran and one guy who wouldn't set it on FIRE because the gas to burn it is worth more than the truck! Lol!

Get some under body pics first, it could have parts missing.