i want a engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pissant

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i want a new engine for my savage .21. what engine would u think is the best at tuning, breaking in, and speed? i dont want a engine that would be ard to work with, also i want it to be a direct fit so i dont have to do any moving around or adding stuff to make it fit. thanks!

Hello,

I, like you, am looking for an upgrade engine for my Savage. Since you are sporting the .21 engine, I would think that almost any upgrade engine would be an improvement (no offense intended).

I think most of the usuals here will give thumbs up on the Wasp .26, Picco .26, and Ofna 8 port. Personally, I am looking at the Wasp .26 at Tower for $150. This engine has had good reports on horsepower and tunability. I believe this engine is a bolt for bolt replacement, except it may have some issues with a stock rotostart??

I just question if the .26 has much on the stock 25.

For $230 you can do the truckzilla .46 conversion w/o tires.

It's a great value for the money.

no thanks, i dont want another truck! i love my savage, i just wanted a little more power so i cna beat my friends little buggy!

Um, it's not another truck, do you even know what a truckzilla is?

FYI, it's basically a .46 (4.7hp) engine with an extended chassis and misc. parts.

Originally posted by BlueRidge1
Hello,

I, like you, am looking for an upgrade engine for my Savage. Since you are sporting the .21 engine, I would think that almost any upgrade engine would be an improvement (no offense intended).

I think most of the usuals here will give thumbs up on the Wasp .26, Picco .26, and Ofna 8 port. Personally, I am looking at the Wasp .26 at Tower for $150. This engine has had good reports on horsepower and tunability. I believe this engine is a bolt for bolt replacement, except it may have some issues with a stock rotostart??

I just question if the .26 has much on the stock 25.

Hey Blue basically the wasp and picco are the one in same motor, i read elsewhere that the wasp was made byOFNA, i personally run a picco in which is a direct bold in and i love it..i so far ran appox 1.5 gals through it already but of course i use after run oil when through for the day.

sirio .27 nuff said

there is one on ebay but i think hes askin too much. i got mine for 300 w/o tax from my good friend at my lhs

i like my XTM 24 7 Pro! tons of power. fires up on the 2nd pull every time!

pissant, i was in your same position a while ago when i though my .21bb was dead. i was lookin around, and asking, and I've heard a lot of goodcompliments on the xtm 24.7. that sounds like a good engine.

Try this on for size! If you don't want to spend alot of dough, ship your .21 back to HPI and pay $100, and get their .25 I'm just suggesting this as an option!

I have a brand new OFNA Force 25 that I wont be using. All it needs is a crank pin. If you're interested get back to me.

try the XTM 24.7, that is what i got. works great, fires easy, and runs like a bat out of u know where.

also check out the RB concepts Rody C5. it isnt cheap but man it will smoke almost any engine u put next to it.

bryan

no no no you gotta get the wasp .26 most bang for your buck dynod at 2.67hp for like $190 sirio .27 is next but its expensive yet it puts out 3.1hp:marshall:

is the .27 a direct fit for the savage .21 and is it hard to break in and tune???? :dance:

Back