I really feel sorry for...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KMN

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Drummers in punk bands...

Jesus, these guys go through an endurance contest almost every single time they play...

Constantly flailing their arms for about an hour or more straight, not too mention their legs, just to keep the bass drum and high-hats going... ...

Damn, keep it up.

:banana: :banana:

:worship: :bow::worship: :bow:
[move]-Kellen[/move]

I drum and I couldnt even imagine going for a whole set in a punk band. Its hard enough to pull off a couple old Metallica tunes....

I stick to classic rock and old/new blues with some new rock. Nothing off the wall though. Nickleback and Limp Bizkit are two of my latest favorites to drum to.

Punkrawk rules!!!! :stickup:

Imagine being in Bad Religion! Not only do you have to play like a madman, but you need to carry a dictionary at ll times, to lookup all the words Greg Gafin says when he is singing!

Punk Rock is awesome. I have been into punk alot of years. I love punk bands like, Bad Religion, Fear, Murphy's Law, NOFX, Suicidal Tendencies, Rancid, Pennywise, just to name a few. I think I am gonna have to pull out some of the old punk cds today.

Nuthin says luvin like a muffin in the oven - Jello Biafra, Dead Kennedys
NCnitro - NOFX is great - due to my job, I was able to hang out back stage with them and BR last year. It was great - Fat Mike is one funny MoFo. My girl and I drank all of his beer in the fridge - it was great.

I never could get into the Dead Kennedys. But Jello Biafra in Lard, man I forgot about Lard, that band kicked ass!

I went to a green Party Rally a few months ago with Ralph Nader, and Jello Biafra did about an hour of spoken word on stage. Man he is funny. Ever heard his bit about the night of the living rednecks?

No I have not, I will have to see if it is on Kazaa.

Do you get into any industrial stuff, like Ministry, KMFDM, Klute, Skinny Puppy, Vein Cage, stuff like that? When I was younger I lived in a mosh pit on the weekends. The best show I had seen at a club was at Club New in Miami, Marylyn Manson, Meat Beat Manifesto, and Nine Inch Nails.

I have a tribal version of the skinny puppy logo tattoo'd on my leg. lol. yeah i like all of those listed, saw Chem Lab, with KMFDM, and thrill kill kult while i was in boston. That was probably my fav show.

Also saw Front 242, frontline assembly, and Throbbing Gristle,while in Vladavostok, Russia

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
Its hard enough to pull off a couple old Metallica tunes....

Metallica pwns. :cheers:

pwns? what the hell is that ???:wtf:

What ever happened to a good tune?
Led Zeppelin
Jimi Hendrix
Queen
Kiss
AC\DC
Bruce Springsteen
The Doors

These bands will never be shut out from these new group of people that call themselves bands.

Who's trying to shut them out? How is it that they are bands but the others only call themselves bands? I listen to, and enjoy all that stuff too. I like many different kinds of music, its just that this discussion was not about classic rock.

true ncnitro. ever seen SkinnyPuppy live? nevic ogre is amazing

no I never got the chance to see them live. I grew up in the 80s and was really into metal and punk. Theres not many metal bands I have not seen live. The industrial stuff came a little later in my life, pretty much after my hardcore party days. Man it sucks getting old. :ahh:

i play bass, and i also Freelance Drum.

I play and Drum Death Metal, i dont know if anyone has ever heard of that Genre.

now, try to drum that for an hour and a half. GOOD LUCK.

As I said...:worship: :bow: :worship: :bow: :worship:
[move]-Kellen[/move]

I used to play bass for a band named Bruhilda...

The drummer in that band was amazing... I have NO idea how he used to do 3+hour practice sessions at full speed...

It was amazing...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back