I need your guys's help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, guess that makes sense. But probably just about as cheap to make it out of atamped steel. Especially in China.
True, and some do. I had several aluminum arms back in the day that I'd replace the plastic ones with. Now the higher end motors come with slide carbs and completely different setup. Much better if you ask me. I hated those barrel carbs.

@trucked Take that arm back off. Look at the end of the metal shaft. Compare it to the inside of the plastic arm. You'll find your answer.

Your local hobby shop should have something that will work. Then make sure the servo end points are set correctly so that it isn't forcing it past it's stopping points.

Last edited:
So if you tighten this nut it doesn't move?
View attachment 186146

I would think the hole through that arm should be keyed, like this.
View attachment 186147

And the shaft should have a flat spot ground on it. If it doesn't, that's just dumb. But maybe it doesn't. Pics of it disassembled would help.
No I found the issue. Because I was messing with the slide I gouged and scratched the slide so now it sticks or doesn't move sometimes. I can't find a spare carb anywhere. I'm so fuckin mad it's unreal. I have another car that I might be able to put the motor in but I'd hate to fiddlesticks this car up and Frankenstein it because I'm an idiot. I tried that carb and it didn't work. I just got the motor running good to and just have to let it drive to break in the motor bur the throttle is fiddlesticked. The only thing I know is that I need a rotory carb thag has a similar throttle set up

20240325_192419.jpg

20240325_192409.jpg

20240325_192415.jpg

Looks like you didn't have the idle screw in the slot.
On a rotary carb they hold the barrel in and acts like a guide pin to let it open a certain amount as it's turned

No I found the issue. Because I was messing with the slide I gouged and scratched the slide so now it sticks or doesn't move sometimes. I can't find a spare carb anywhere. I'm so fuckin mad it's unreal. I have another car that I might be able to put the motor in but I'd hate to fiddlesticks this car up and Frankenstein it because I'm an idiot. I tried that carb and it didn't work. I just got the motor running good to and just have to let it drive to break in the motor bur the throttle is fiddlesticked. The only thing I know is that I need a rotory carb thag has a similar throttle set up

View attachment 186181

View attachment 186182

View attachment 186183
That looks like hard anodize. You have any needle files? Or some really fine emery cloth? Shouldn't be hard to clean that up. Though not sure how those divits will affect the flow.

Looks like you didn't have the idle screw in the slot.
On a rotary carb they hold the barrel in and acts like a guide pin to let it open a certain amount as it's turned
Yeah. I tried to pit it back in the right position but can't or the scratches and that fiddlesticked it up that bad. I can't find a replacement anywhere

That looks like hard anodize. You have any needle files? Or some really fine emery cloth? Shouldn't be hard to clean that up. Though not sure how those divits will affect the flow.
No I don't have anything like that

View attachment 186181

View attachment 186182

View attachment 186183

This should be a match for that throttle barrel, if the carb body is still in good shape.

This should be a match for that throttle barrel, if the carb body is still in good shape.
Thank you. The carb is in good shape. I went to my hobby shop and they said my arm might be bent or what ever. If my hobby shop can't find an issue or anything I'll probably order that and change it. Cus get this goofy poop. I took it to my hobby shop and it had no issues

For $5.46, and only two left in stock, I’d buy it now in case the hobby shop strikes out.

Good luck whatever you decide.