I have a kid in school and i don't know what to say

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats really bad. Well maybe if the judge see it he might just wave it off and tell the school to go F* themselves or send the kid with the inhaler to juvi.

What a crock! If the boy didn't give her his medication she could have died. Then the school prossibly had a lawsuit on their hands for the death of the girl. Someone in that adminstation needs to be beat. They arrested a 15 YEAR OLD BOY! WTF is this world coming to?

wow, just when you thought youve read it all along comes something like this, its obviuos the nurse had a bug up her ass that day! Oh poop! I cut my finger, it may need stitches, I dont wanna get you in trouble or anything but do you happen to have a band-aid?

Looks like another wonderful example of beurocracy not being able to see past their noses. It's a shame that good deeds end in responses like this. This kid should get a pat on the back for helping his girlfriend. Maybe not a hero's welcome. But at least a "good thinking". He was on his toes and knew what to do. That's more that a lot of 15 year olds know. It's a shame that more than likely he'll have to go through life trying to explain this to people who don't know. They'll make him look like a criminal instead of an intelligent, level headed person.
Tell your children that what he did was right, no matter what the consequences.

You know that reminds me, One time my sister when she was in middle school she sprained her ankle and the teacher didnt want here to leave to go to the nurses office I think because the teacher didnt believe her ill have to ask my parents about it I forgot alot of the details. I know it was lame but I wanted to get my story in.

See, this is where a guy like Bill OReilly needs to step in and get this poop out into the public eye! With his coverage of something like this they can turn it into what it really was. A boy trying to save a girl from a VERY bad situation if left untreated!

Maybe we should all send emails to the school!

Good idea, got an email address? That is total bullshit! Then they wonder why no one has any faith in the public school system anymore. When a kid trying to do good and help is treated this way, it does not say much for the school system. That's a great message to send to our kids, standby and watch as someone suffers and possibly could die, don't help anyone, and you won't get in trouble, help someone, do good, possibly save a life and go to jail, WTF! :wtf:

The sick part of the whole deal is.. if that girl woulda died anyway.. a hundred lawyers would of lined up to sue the boy, the school, the manufacturer of the inhaler, and on and on.. there has to be an end to this kinda crap... I liked it the other day when the kid sued the school and won the right to where the t-shirt that said "George Bush, International Terrorist".. Yet a T-shirt that reads "God Bless America" is completely unacceptable.. :) how does this happen??

Chris, I had that exact same idea but couldn't find an e-mail. But here is the street address of the school:

Caney Creek High School
Principal: Dr. Greg Poole
16840 FM 2090
Conroe, TX 77306

it will always be one thing or another. i have 2 that have finished school and a 4 year old that is just starting. this time we put our youngest in a private school and do you know what? same old stuff, just with a new twist. it acually is a little better because the class sizes are quite a bit smaller. what happened to the good old days when if someone made a mistake well there was a price to pay but not a nationaly published repremand followed by a lawsuit then fired/jailed and whatever else that is handed out. how about some good old swats with a paddle by the pricipal (i got some) and some praise for the ones that are doing the right thing. if that were my little girl and her freind knew that they used the same medication i'd be hiring his defense attorney, rallying up a lot of my freinds and family and leaning real hard on the school. Brandon Kivi should be given an award plus a $100.00.

by the way here is oreilly's email site:

http://www.billoreilly.com/askbill

Last edited:
Another case of "No good deed goes unpunished." The kid did the right thing, regardless of what the uptight adults say. I'd love to see this get spread across the media. It should be a major embarresment for the school. At the same time, I don't want to see anymore negative effects for the two teens involved.

The boy's parents should sue the school for anything and everthing their lawyer can think of. You don't put a 15 year old in handcuffs because he let his girlfriend use his asthma medicine. Especially not when she uses the same medicine.

The girl's parents should sue the school and the nurse for gross negligence and endangerment. Asthma is a lethal disease, people die from it all the time!

Things have realy changed. I got a middle school teaher in trouble once because she wouldn't let me go to the office to use the spare inhaler I kept there. (I was forever forgeting my inhaler)

Personaly, I'd like to know how albuterol made it onto a list of dangerous medicines. The worst you're going to get from it is a mild buzz, and that takes a full air compressor and nebulizer rig. It's not dangerous, all it does is open your airways up.

That really sucks, i mean if a person is in respiratory distress that is a major ordeal. I dont see where the school gets off by suspending hime and f*cking up his educational record, all for saving someones life. Colleges are not going to go after him now.

On the other hand I can understand where the school is coming from. I am a Nationaly Registered EMT, I work in a Hospital on weekends, and do EMS work on weekdays in school. You have to go through some major avenues in order to get permission to give someones elses meds to another person. The school does not know that they use the same exact type of med. There are different doses, and to some people a little change in a medication can cause adverse reactions, instead of bronchial dilation in can lead to bronchial constriction. (this leads to a permanant condition call death.)

the school is being an a$$, all they want to do is make them into an example, just so other kids do not do this. If I was him, I would have done the same things.
Since I have a *bit* more knoledge then that I would have suggested calling the girlffriends doc. and asking him for permission on giving it, but the school NUSES dont know caca, they have a first aid training, nothing to do with medicaiton administration, they dont know jack sh*t.

I will stick up for guy, he saved a life. The school should have just kicked it under the rug, the nurse should have thanked him for the help..

dont bash me now, that is just what i know, and my opinion too. but i know if i were to do it now, i would be put in jail, my license taken away, and not able to wokr in health field forever

I'm disappointed texas dammit those idiots he did the right thing just see if they would refuse the inhailer if there life was at stake,
he did do the right thing and I'm happy for him but the government thinks that he shouldnt have given it to her and let her die. idiots

If that was my son I would be proud to say he helped save another human life. Then I'd be all over that school's administrators like white on rice!

Back