Hyper 7 -Vs - Duratrax Raze !

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeeBeMe

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi, I have 2 buggies, 1 is a hyper 7 with a Ofna .32 motor, The other is a Duratrax Raze with so far a stock motor. My question is, if I change my motor in my raze could I keep up then or could I beat my hyper 7.....?
What can I do to make my Raze even Better, more like other better buggies ?

The raze is a dicontinued model from duratrax i wouldnt put much work into it i would stick with your hyper 7 and make it better

I wouldnt put more time than you need to to keep the raze running, the hyper 7 is one of the better buggies, put your time into that, not the raze.

What do you all think of the ofna ultra LX one
i just orderd one today but its on backorder. so i have time to change it to somthing else.

So far i found a good deal of hop ups for both the ultra and the hyper 7 series. not too many for the jammin.
i want to beat my friends revo with a .28 pico engine and many other mods.
so I'm planning on putting a 2 speed transmission in on the ofna and playing with the gear ratio untill i beat him.

Any suggestions on what i should get :D

I would try and brake IN the OFNA and you will probably beat your friend as it is, mine was clocked at 76 MPH all stock on an all dirt straight away i mean maybe I just got a good one but I have a feeling there made to do that, the only main things that i would change is get better and faster servos and a better transmitter and receiver, and possibly a new electronis box those screws take forever, and the pull starts are cheap for that car so change the pull start to a shaft start, and when your done using it definitly put after run in it cause that car definitly takes it!!!!! But other wise, it is an extremely good car,
Dragd

Last edited:
Where would i go to get a new electronics box....those screws do take forever
I would try and brake IN the OFNA and you will probably beat your friend as it is, mine was clocked at 76 MPH all stock on an all dirt straight away i mean maybe I just got a good one but I have a feeling there made to do that, the only main things that i would change is get better and faster servos and a better transmitter and receiver, and possibly a new electronis box those screws take forever, and the pull starts are cheap for that car so change the pull start to a shaft start, and when your done using it definitly put after run in it cause that car definitly takes it!!!!! But other wise, it is an extremely good car,
Dragd

to tell ya the truth, I have no clue, its one of those things where I keep on saying I'm going to do it but I never do, I also own the Team Losi Mega Baja and that box is really nice all it is is one body clip and your in, but yea, I would just look around, I mean its nice to have but I dont think its as important as the servos and all that other stuff. But definatly change the servos mine crapped out in about 3 weeks to the point where you could here the servo motor working but the wheels just wouldnt turn, my Baja has 2 JR Racing Z590M Servos which is what the car came with and ill find myself rolling the car a pretty good distance, so what I'm trying to say is if your looking for good servos, get that just in a little bit stronger size IF THEY MAKE IT!!!
Dragd

There is no way you can get out of box 76mph on a buggy! yeah right id like to see a video of you doing it with a speedgun

It runs over 50 MPH out of the box and if you break it in right it should get into the 70s, but now I'm not sure if you can get into the 70s I mean you sjould easily get it over 50 but I have the anniversery model of that car and I was just watching a kid on youtube unboxing the car and it looks like it has some different parts, it should still be fast either way. and I can't put up a video because my computer has been broken for a year now and I've been talking to every one off of my Playstation 3. but once its fixed id be more then happy to take a video of it doing 76

70mph for a Buggy is a tad overkill, unless you plan to drag race with it...then have at it. But the RTR engines pretty much suck and there is no way an OFNA Force engine will do +70 mph out of the box. I had an OFNA Force 26 on my OFNA Ultra MBX Pro....it could barely get out of it's own way if you bribed it.

Anything over 40-45mph on an offroad rig is useless for a race track setting ;-)

listen, I'm not trying to brag and I'm not lieing either, and frankly I really dont care if you believe me or not, but thats basically what i was doing to get up to that speed was drag racing, and ill tell you, out of all the sports Drag Racing is my favorite. so to me speed is a little important. I mean to tell you the truth I probably just got a 1 in a million motor that was built right and precise out of the factory, I really do wish I had a video of the speed gun and the car passing buy to show you but I mean what can I do I guess you can say I live in the stone ages lol

I mean I guess if you lean the crap out of it and toss a huge clutch bell on it....then maybe....but it might take a big road to get it up that fast ;-) Not calling you a liar...just saying the OFNA Force engines are weak....maybe you did get a good one. Who knows. Mine was new and sucked ;-)

Back