Hurricanes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitromaniac

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Well! I gotta say, I have been in Florida for four years now and have not yet met a hurricane, but today(Friday the 13th, not supersticious) is my lucky day! There is a cat 4 hurricane thats gonna hit us in about a half an hour! I took a drive this am to see just how the town handles a hit first hand, man! I went to starbucks and it was borded up, someone spray painted "another day in paradise" on the plywood over the windows. 140mph plus winds,roofs blowing off,trees down everywhere! well, I am gonna shut down for a few days and see what happens to my town, Its gonna be interesting for sure! I love Florida! Take care all!

Maybe a :duff: or few will make it pass sooner (Sounds like a plan to me). Hurricanes are some wicked poop. Good Luck riding it out.

Put a parachute on and go for a ride... lol

joneser4u said:
Take pix!!!!!!!!

LOL! No Thanks!, I am looking out the window (from a distance) now, I am not going out there! some nasty poop! Power should be going off any time now, I will take some after pictures for ya! some one posted this pic a while back and its become one of my favorites, well until today anyway!

i253A997F-3528-4396-8DE5-F5B9B150B244.jpg

I think this pic was originally posted by Skymax!, Good find bro!

Last edited:
That is an awesome pic i saved it, its so sweet!

Actually, that picture was posted by IMBroken. It is an awesome picture. During Isabel (the storm in the picture,) I was at sea with most of the Atlantic Fleet running around trying to dodge that storm.

UPDATE! Lucky for us! The hurricane took a turn off the gulf and started east and up across the state! Experiencing strong winds(80mph) and rain right now but no power outage yet! not so good news for our freind NC Nitro though, its headed towards Sebring now and will be a Cat2 when it gets there! I wish him and his family well! Ride the wind baby! hehe!

Last edited:
We sure are getting some nice weather here in Houston though. It's only 80 something degrees and the humidty is low. Just a week ago it was in the upper 90s and the heat index was almost 110. You couldn't walk from the front door to the mailbox without a bottle of water.

We haven't had weather this nice all summer!

SkyMaxx said:
Actually, that picture was posted by IMBroken. It is an awesome picture. During Isabel (the storm in the picture,) I was at sea with most of the Atlantic Fleet running around trying to dodge that storm.

Well ,now we know! Thanks IMbroken for the great pic! and Thanks to Sky for doing a great job in dodging that storm! It had to be awsome out there!
Hey! speaking of storms! (GS) hehe!

Last edited:
16 days and counting...have you checked your thread? Seems someone else is interested.

Its now Saturday morning , all is calm here in Sarasota, But I cannot belive what I have seen of areas just 20 minutes from me, total destruction of Arcadia,Port Charlotte and Punta Gourda,The people who lived in these areas were unprepared for this hurricane because the path it took was so fast and unpredictable that they thought they were in the clear of it. The storm took a deadly turn away from our town and ripped through several areas to my south, wiping out complete subdivisions in its path. I sat in my apartment all day tracking this storm wondering WTF I was gonna do, I have only been through one small tropical storm since I have lived here, and I thought that was bad enough! Like everyone else, I have always liked a good thunder storm in a safe enviroment,but when you see the power and devastation of a cat4 hurricane, your respect for weather changes drastically! The hurricane was still at cat 4 when it tore through Arcadia and leveled the whole downtown area, NC Nitro and his family live very close to this area, and the path this storm took could of gone through his town as well, I am hoping the best for him and his family, NC I hope you are fortunate enough to read this and let us know you are all safe! I have lots of friends up north, they always ask me why I live down here, we all have our reasons and the weather rarely has anything to do with that decision,I love Florida, I love the ocean,I love to fish,and belive me, the sites at the beaches are unbelivable! but if you are hit by a hurricane of this magnitude and lose loved ones and everything you own,all the great reasons no longer matter! All of you reading this have your own weather (Earthquakes,snow storms,tornado's etc.) to deal with and you deal with it the best you can, all I can say now after seeing something like this, I have multiplied my respect for the weather by thousands!!
I am not sorry for the long post!, sometimes I just gotta say whats on my mind, I hope you all understand and thanks for reading, Carl

Last edited:
KillerWabbit said:
We sure are getting some nice weather here in Houston though. It's only 80 something degrees and the humidty is low. Just a week ago it was in the upper 90s and the heat index was almost 110. You couldn't walk from the front door to the mailbox without a bottle of water.

We haven't had weather this nice all summer!

Ya Its eather been raining or hot as hell in houston! Its really nice when its cool and sunny!

Well - This is my first day back at work. We are still without power at my home and have no water or phones either. Downtown Orlando was pummeled. We experienced 105mph winds where I live and let me tell you, it was scary to go through. My girl and her child spent the entire time huddled up against me. I lost most of my shingles and have some water leaks but that is about it. Lost my screen doors too. The house next to me had a huge oak tree fall on it and go through the roof, as well has had a car totaled. It is pretty bad up here. Took alot of photos and will post them once I get them developed.

scottm said:
Has anyone heard from NC Nitro? He was in the main path....

Nitromaniac asked me the same question and I have not heard from him either. Maybe I will try to call him today. Anyone else heard from NC?

i really hope and pray thats hes ok i've seen video footage on the new and damn they took a big ass hit damn, i have a brother that lives in jacksonville and cannot get a hold of him to see if he's ok....

I hope to god that he's ok. And his family too.

Well I called all numbers besides his Nextel (don't have one) and his home line is constantly busy and his cell phone message service only picks up. Ok now I am worried. He also hasn't logged on since the 13th.

Back