Hurricane Ivan

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That f@#$%ng sucks! Like I said for Frances I'll take a blizzard anytime!

You guys are so getting your asses handed to you. I hope this one somehow pisses itself out before it gets there. We're just getting the effects of Frances here today. Very windy and a little rain. Boo hoo, right? Oh well. Hope all turns out ok.

Thanks for the concern. This one is looking like it is going to hit the coast just a bit north of Charley. Right about where nitromaniac lives. Will know more precise information by Friday.

Currently it is packing wind gusts in excess of 200mph, is one of the strongest hurricanes ever recorded, and just leveled 90% of every standing structure in Grenada.

See pictures, ect at www.wesh.com or www.wftv.com

Good luck to you floridians. Board up the windows and hit the road, well at least thats what I would do.

I hear they are saying this is a cat 5, I never heard of over a 4. If I were all yall I would pack my poop and move out west. Stay safe all and godbless.

Anyone feels like fleeing to NY, I can find a room to put you up in....

I went to my Uncle's cabin in Tenn for Francis. If this is gonna hit us, I'm going back.

Nitroaddict said:
I went to my Uncle's cabin in Tenn for Francis. If this is gonna hit us, I'm going back.

And I am going with you!

If this one stays on course , we are doomed!

Edit: I just got home from work and started tracking Ivan ,I just saw this pic and said, well!, I think you can figure out what I said!

i57602BA9-6BFA-4F2A-A525-31DA98D5A005.jpg

Last edited:
Damn a cat 5? Holy poop that is going to make one hell of a mess to say the least. When are they saying that its going to make land fall? Good luck to you all!

well this hurrican is supposed to hit jamica sometime tomorrow or saturday so florida maybe sunday-tuesday

Man that sucks 3 huge storms and they seem to be getting worse as time goes on. Hope things work out for you guys.

Poor NC Nitro has gone through the brunt of both them suckers and has a 3rd one to look forward to. And on top of it all his wife is 9 months pregnant and due any day now.

Here are some of the latest images of Ivan from NOAA.

1224101ivan1.jpg

1224102ivan2.jpg

If this one hits Florida too, the devastation will be tremendous. Everything has been weakened by the last two storms, and can not take a third. There are still shortages of cold goods, dairy, meat, eggs, etc, gas is still in short supply, some stations have some others are still waiting for deliveries. There are still tens of thousands of people without power, and thousands are homeless. Florida is really hurting right now, and another storm, especially one of this magnatude, will completely devastate Florida.

Yeah Eddy, the eyes of both storms passed over the county I live in, one with the eye wall passing just 20 miles to my west. I don't know if we will stay home for this one. My wife is due on the 14th, we may not chance trying to get to the hospital in a category 5 hurricane, and may just check her in to the hospital before it hits.

HOLY fiddlesticking poop! Hang on guys!

man that thing is huge! Looks to be bigger then frances was? Thats crazy 3 storms within a matter of a month or so. Hopefully it breaks down on the way into the US.

I don't ever remember 3 back to back hurricanes like this before. Even without Ivan, Florida has already had a 2 BILLION dollar crop loss due to Charlie and Frances.

Good luck NCnitro. Hopefully it will miss florida. I'm usally not a praying man but I have started, for all of you that live in florida.

Hope all you guys stay safe down there. Move to england its rain most of the time but there's no hurricanes!

Back