HPI to release Electric Savage...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SavageFan,

You beat me to it! At any rate the HPI E-Savage details have been posted on the front page!

[ READ MORE ]

-Michael

MSRP: $619.00 ?? Good lord..

Whats with the retarded lid?

4u2nv said:
MSRP: $619.00 ?? Good lord..

Whats with the retarded lid?

well i dont know anytime when the MSRP has actually been the price....

Those shafts scream traxxass too much. I know it's to lessen weight, but come on.

Also, it seems like it would be easier to buy a regular savage and convert it to an e savage with the replacement parts to it.

That way you would get all the other nitro savage goodies.... like metal drive shafts.

yea, you stole my idea. I was thinking about taking those electronics and putting them in my savy to see.

hi there, Ever since HPI announced the e-savage (it is indeed the E-zilla under a different name) the guys over at ezillacomm have sort of been doing the rounds trying to drum up support. The 'Zilla is tough, very tough indeed. It has to be, it'll do 36 MPH stock with twin 7 cell packs (radar measured) and 30 with performance 6 cell packs. A pair of Johnson brushed motors will take it to 45 MPH with nitro murdering acceleration and torque at a cost of about 8$ for the motors. The stock electronics are capable of taking whatever you care to throw at them brushed wise, and the use of forced cooling (ie fans) allow you to do so with complete reliability. It is in reality a 1/9th scale, all savage bodies and rims/tyres fit it, and the drivetrain is tough, plastic out drives and driveshafts may be on it, but the gears are steel. (they have to be, the 'zilla will perform frontflips and backflips from a standing start with the stock batteries). The stock cells are now 3300 NIMH that are more than capable of running the 'zilla, giving 15 minute run times, and the dual charger it comes with will charge both batteries in 40 or so minutes.

As far as converting a nitro savage to an electric savage, it's a bit harder than I thought according to the tower web site.

Different:
radio box
drive shafts
motor plate
trans

**at least

I couldn't care less about an E-Savage, I WANT MY E-REVO! The gorilla conversion just cost a rediculous amount of money. Besides, as previously stated, the E-Zilla is almost the same thing. It's kinda like the Kansas City Strip wasn't selling, so they called it a N.Y. Strip and BOOM! Instant hit!

Call it whatever you want, it’s a great truck.
I had the opportunity to run one the other day. (E-Zilla) and honestly, it puts my 4.6 to shame in the acceleration department and in handling as well.

I was soldering it up with Deans plugs for a friend and just couldn’t resist taking it for a spin. I went into it with low expectations and soon found myself having a ball. I tried to get my friend to have me install some 19Ts in it but he was short on cash.

All in all, It’s a great truck but it doesn’t go varooom or leave smoke trails.

BTW, HPI owns HB.

Good to see another electric coming around. With the HPI name, it will do better than under the HB name, even though its the same truck!

I hear that the parts for the E-Zilla / E-Savage will all use the same HB parts numbers.

Back