Hpi savage 25 worth building or buyIng a new one

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzobeyyzz

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So I bought a savage 25 roller and the guy was running electric on it . I bought it for 60 bucks and came with the
Truck and some parts controller and
Reciever(needs crystals) and that's about it.

Let me know if you guys think I should buy the missing parts are buying the new one !?

Also would it fit a 4.6 engine

Throw some pics up, this will let us see the condition it's in.

The Savage 25 is still a good rig but I think that one needs too much. You could get it going for less than a new one but I'd keep it for parts and look for a better one. And yes, a 4.6 will fit in it.

yea the savage engine mount will hold just about any big block

It has a missing throttle servo

Do you guys think I should even attempt to finish the truck ?

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

How much can I get if I were to sell the truck as it stands

personaly id finish it
but if u wanna sell il give ya 100 bux for it rite now

u think u cud do me a favor and pick up the rear end (leavin the front wheels on ground) then spin one of the wheels and see if the other wheel spins the oppisote direction,if you here any clicking noisees please let me know,after rear cud u do the front?

I've done it before what u ask and all tires move

Il check for the noise

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

Yea it makes the clicking noise

does it sound like gears grinding or r u just hearin the dog bones and trans move?

well hey imma be honest with ya with out knowin if the diffs r good or not i couldnt spend more than 100,diffs r expensive man

u may just wanna keep this and get her goin

it dont look too bad, might be a fun project to fix it up. would be easier to buy a new truck, but the slightly cheaper and more fun way is to just rebuild, and u will know more about how it works and how to fix it WHEN it breaks.

ps. i say WHEN and not IF because we all know you will break it. the savage is way to much fun to not break it.

Back