Hpi Rs4 2

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigredz71

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Is this worth fixing up to race competively locally? and what parts are interchangeable with the RS4 3?

It's all complete I just need to rebuild the shocks and maybe change the bearings, nothing major.

The RS4 is a great car. All suspension parts are interchangeable with the RS4 3.
And it should still be pretty competitive with other 1/10's. What engine does it have?

Yes definately! I recently redid my whole RS4-2 and love it! All suspension parts are interchangeable. I've got a OS 18 in mine I'm assuming you have the stock .15fe nitro star?

I have a Trinity Picco 15, but I damaged the carb. It was part of a "lot" i got off ebay. the engine ran great until i pinched the carb foo tight.:whhooo: Is there a max size engine to use in competition? I thought about the os 18, but would like to find a carb for this engine.

when you say all suspension parts does that mean they use the same part or does the RS4 3's have a different design but works with the RS4 2?
Thanks!, i just to be clear as to which parts i can change/upgrade to.

The rs4 3 has new parts but they for the most part are backwards compatible. If you need to know if a part is backwards compatible just come in here and ask and I can definately tell you.

Some upgrades I did on mine were,
Carbon fiber upper deck & Rear brace
New threaded shock's
2 Speed
OS .18
Dynamite Tuned Exhaust
Belt tensioner's ( Recommended, inexpensive but help alot!)

I do have the belt tensioners and 2 speed but not the carbon graphite or threaded shocks. I don't really like the ball joints, does the newer ones use the other type? i'm not sure what there called but they are more secure, and easier to adjust.
Are the front and rear differentials the same too?

The internals on the differentials are the same, same dimensions so you could run the something like the stage-d locked diffs if you want.

i think that you have to get a .12 for doing competions,not sure tho,but i would say that anyway a .12 would be better anyway it might be a little lighter and you're not going to have traction problem because of the huge torque of a .18 ,anyway you can get some pretty powerfull .12's and i imagine the power delivery will be smoother